Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update On Me And My Ankle

Hello everyone. Sorry I've not been about much but being back at work full time since the start of term has been so so tiring! Today has been a case in point, I nearly fell asleep at the table at lunchtime and I've been asleep on and off since I got in at 4.30 today!

Anyway, I thought I'd update people on the latest on my ongoing ankle saga. It's nearly 2 years since I had my fall and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I went to see my consultant last week and he discharged me. He said there was nothing more he could do for me at the moment but if I started to experience any difficulties then I knew where he was! He said it is now down to physio and hard work on my part.

I'm still seeing the physio every few weeks but I've had to give up the weekly physio gym classes as they were just too tiring to do before going to work in the morning and they were making my foot hurt by the end of the day. So now its just exercises at home.

I'm really hoping that my ankle will be back to a good state soon as its all been going on far too long. It still gives me pain, especially on very cold days and when I've been chasing my class around a lot but I do feel like I'm getting there and hopefully be able to look at my family plans now.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support over the last 2 years!

Nich

xx

It is good news that you have been discharged. It will gradually get better Nichola, but this cold weather wont help as it does seem to make bones ache. I broke my leg a long time ago, but I still get the occasional twinge and tht leg isn't as 'bouncy' as the other one. One day you'll wake up and realise you haven't had a twinge or thought about it for ages.

Hi Nichola, good to hear how you are doing. Just a thought, have you had any MRIs recently? My daughter went through a quite serious ankle trauma (due to the back wheel of a bus!) and went through two years of pain. When we nagged long enough, she had an MRI which revealed a really tinypiece of cartilige which had emedded itself in the joint. Once removed she made very rapid progress, although they did say it would come back, and sure enough it has so she is awaiting surgery again but she was trouble free for about 4 years.

Hi Nichola, good to hear how you are doing. Just a thought, have you had any MRIs recently? My daughter went through a quite serious ankle trauma (due to the back wheel of a bus!) and went through two years of pain. When we nagged long enough, she had an MRI which revealed a really tinypiece of cartilige which had emedded itself in the joint. Once removed she made very rapid progress, although they did say it would come back, and sure enough it has so she is awaiting surgery again but she was trouble free for about 4 years.

Mundia, that's why I ended up having the surgery in the first place! My first trips to physio wasn't working so I got referred and then had god knows how many x-rays which showed nothing and then had an MRI and they found floating cartilige so that's why I had my op in September.

Thanks to everyone for your wishes, I'm hoping I'm better soon!

Hi Nichola,

Glad to hear you are feeling a lot better and congrats on the discharge from the hospital. Try not to be superhuman at work and if you need to sit down for a few mintues try to make that a priority and then gradually each day you will get stronger and as someone else said one day you will realise that you are pain free and no twinges either.

Hope all your other plans can now be worked through (if that's the right words although not sure it is!!!)

Love and prayers for a continued recovery

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Thanks again everyone. I do sit down when I feel I need to, although it's hard going in my class but my TAs are great and help me so much. I'm chilling out today but singing in a choir concert tonight so hope I can stand for the whole performance without being in pain!

Thanks! It's one of my photo a day project photos. I started the project when I first hurt my ankle so I'm nearly at 2 years of a photo every single day!

Thanks! It's one of my photo a day project photos. I started the project when I first hurt my ankle so I'm nearly at 2 years of a photo every single day!

I managed about 4 days of mine.. :o

But that reminds me that I haven't checked yours in ages! Off I go... xD