Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Music Memories

Rea

Right, here are a few I thought of while having my bath!

After the previously mentioned Spice Girls concert, one Sunday morning when everyone was out (I doubt they were really out? I don't know where they were though!! and it probably wasn't even a sunday!) I put on my Spice Girls CD, and did the dance routine for "Mama" that they did at the concert.

In my junior school play ground, we had a raised flower bed which we ate our lunch by. In year 4 we made up a dance routine to Hot Chocolate - You sexy thing and we used to do it for the dinner ladies.! :o :wacko:

At the end of year 4, my best friend left and it was totally the end of the world. I cried for ages. And the song, Have You Ever - S Club 7 really reminds me of her every time I hear it. No idea why though! Where did she move I hear you ask... Windsor! hahah xD

History - Funeral For a Friend, reminds me of a handsome stranger I met at their concert, who was in the seat next to me. He turned out to be a friends friends friend.. xD And had seen me on her facebook page.. :unsure:

Thank You For The Music - ABBA.. reminds me of the girl who's grandparents lived across the road. We used to record ourselves singing various ABBA songs, we were convinced we were a "band" and we would get famous one day. We had a cassette recorder, and we set ourselves up in her grandparents garage! :(

Edith Piaf - I Don't Regret Anything.. reminds me of my Grandpa! It's in the Specsavers advert, it came on once while I was at his house, and he was having such a good time singing along to it.. and then started shouting at me for laughing at him. :rolleyes:

The Reason - Hoobastank.. reminds me of my boyfriend. It has some really nice lyrics in, and he often sings it to me when he thinks I'm asleep :ph34r: And also Rule The World - Take that. ;)

Midnight Highway by Daphne Loves Derby reminds me of my Year 9 & 10 form tutor - She whipped us into shape and really did change a few of us dramatically. She always stuck by us no matter what we did (Which sometimes was a lot :() But the major thing I'll always remember her for is leaving post it notes in our lockers saying good morning, and a personalised message for each of us.

So there you go :(

Probably revealed a little too much about me.. but if I haven't scared you off before now then I think I'm safe :ph34r:

Gosh where do i start.....

The first song I bought was Puppy love by Donny Osmond.....Arrgh !

Then followed by Don't give up on us baby by David Soul

The answer is blowing in the wind, whiskey in the jar o- My step father use to be a folk singer and he use to play these on his guitar.

Le freak can't remember who its by but we use to dance round our handbags to this one at the local disco.

Sailing-Christopher Cross reminds me of an old boyfriend I was madly in love with at 18

Waiting for a girl like you by Foreigner the first record my ex husband gave me

Holding back the years played this one after I split from ex husband and please don't go by KC and the Sunshine band.

Silver machine- Hawkwind

Don't fear the reaper-blue Oyster Cult

Sharp dressed man -ZZ top- I liked their car really lol !

Ride on time- Black box First dance I had with my husband

Dreams-Fleetwoood Mac-Love them especially Stevie Nicks-first album I ever bought

Back for good-Take That I took my eldest daughter to see them three times !

I think i could go on all night.....

See ya later alligator! :o

Ooh that reminds me of another: Bill Hailey and the Comets!

See you later alligator (in a while crocodile) and Shake rattle and roll - memories of Dad doing 'dad dancing' around the kitchen when I were a girl!

And who remembers two-way family favourites on the radio? And Alan 'Fluff' Freeman presenting Pick of the Pops? Doo, doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo! Not 'arf! xD

Maz

I'd be letting myself down if I didn't mention these...

For all fans of a particular West Mids footy team -

Hi Ho Silver Lining by Jeff Beck and, particularly at the moment, Give it Up by KC and the Sunshine Band, instantly transport us to a cracking atmosphere at a match...with slightly alternative lyrics of course! :oxD

I might add Wolfie that I am heartily sick of ELO Mr Blue Sky. xD

David Soul! I saw him at the Odeon in Birmingham when I was about 10. Mom, who never liked to think of us being hungry had packed me a bag of drinks, sweets and a piece of fruit cake for the interval. Only had to have our bags checked on the way in didnt we?!.

Honestly, Mother :o

Gosh where do i start.....

The first song I bought was Puppy love by Donny Osmond.....Arrgh !

Then followed by Don't give up on us baby by David Soul

How surprising - these were my first two singles too! Then I bought Crazy Horses by the Osmonds but wasn't allowed to play it on the gramophone player unless Dad was out cos he hated it!

Then I bought Crazy Horses by the Osmonds

Ooh Crazy Horses - still sends a shiver down my spine! It was such a different record at the time and even today it is still weird and wonderful!

Can't say the same for Marie Osmond's Paper Woses though! :o

Maz

Junior Choice on a Saturday morning - Max Bygraves - There'a tiny house (which I used to sing with my brother) and I'm a Pink Toothbrush, also Sparkey (now I'm showing my age).

Frank Ifield - I remember you - first record I owned to play on my Dansette.

Cliff Richard - The Young Ones - church Youth Club - also film I saw for first date.

The Searchers - Needles and Pins - dancing in tennis club until building shook.

The Love Affair - Everlasting Love - our song when we got engaged.

Don McLean - American Pie - when we got married.

The Sunshine of your Smile - I used to sing to eldest son as a baby.

Don't Worry, Be Happy - youngest son used to sing as a toddler.

Rod Stewart (or Van Morrison) Have I told you lately - our song now.

Ooh Crazy Horses - still sends a shiver down my spine! It was such a different record at the time and even today it is still weird and wonderful!

Can't say the same for Marie Osmond's Paper Woses though! :o

Maz

Hehe - we used to sing 'pwastic daffodils' at the tops of our voices when it was on!

Hehe - my bedroom walls were covered in Donny Osmond and big sis had David Cassidy on hers! Definitely a battle!

I wasn't allowed to like David Cassidy! My older sister banned me so I had to have Donny instead. :o Puppy Love was my first 'proper' record - strictly speaking my first was a Disney songs LP. xD

Junior Choice on a Saturday morning - Max Bygraves - There'a tiny house (which I used to sing with my brother) and I'm a Pink Toothbrush, also Sparkey (now I'm showing my age).

And "I saw a mouse! Where? There on the stair. Where on the stair? Right there. A little mouse with clogs on.....well I despair.....going ...................................."

Come on then, how many of you completed the last line?? :o

I have to tell you, that song will be in your head all night now. xD

And "I saw a mouse! Where? There on the stair. Where on the stair? Right there. A little mouse with clogs on.....well I despair.....going ...................................."

Come on then, how many of you completed the last line?? xD

I have to tell you, that song will be in your head all night now. :(

Clip clippety clop on the stairs! Do I win?? :o

we taught the children "A mouse lives in a windmill", they loved it. So did I, it took me back to childhood, probably the first record I ever bought with my pocket money!

My teenage years were spent with Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet - ahh, sweet memories!!

Ooo, just remembered my very first record Grocer Jack. When I was little I didnt understand what it was about but on the day my step grandad died it was on the radio and I had to stop and driving and sob. xD

And what about Grandad - Clive Dunn :o

And that one 'hello mother, hello father, here I am at camp Granada....' That reminds me of Ed Stewart and the lad who used to say 'hello my darling'.

The first record my mum bought for me was Sugar, Sugar by the Archies, the first I bought myself was Ever Fallen In Love.... by the Buzzcocks. At our wedding my husband chose Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares to You for our first dance, (I wanted a Primatives track which shamefully I can't remember the name of!). At the time we got married we were both working nights for Royal Mail and whenever 'our' song came on the radio (which was a lot), I had to run the gauntlet of big burly postmen 'serenading' and 'waltzing' me across the sorting office floor, while hubby pi**ed himself laughing in the corner.

Karrie

My first record was Puppy Love by Donny Osmond followed by Crazy Horses and all the other Osmond songs.

Loved David Cassidy too. My three sisters shared a room for a number of years and my dad gave up wallpapering because of the multitude of posters hanging up already.

Sylvia's Mother reminds me of chasing boys around the amusement arcade while on holidays. A particular boy was the son of the owner and all the girls fancied hiim. Marc Bolan's Metal Guru and Get it on were out around that time too and was forever being played on the juke-box of the arcade.

Later came the fab Bay City Rollers. I loved Woody and adored everything they ever sang. I saw them in Dublin at a small club and managed to 'acquire'' Woody's guitar strap while they were being mobbed!!!

Loved David Bowie and the Man who sold the World.......used to play this on my friend's tape player during break at school.

Three Times a Lady - The commodores

J'taime - Jane Birkin and Serge whatshisface!

Angie - David Bowie

If you leave me now - Chicago.

Ben- Michael Jackson .

These all remind me of youth club dances and if a fella asked you up for 'Stairway to Heaven' you were made for the night as the song lasted for hours!!.......well, 7 minutes for the full version, I think!!

What memories this thread is conjuring up!

Three Times A Lady by the Commodores - being in a passionate clinch for the last slow smooch at the disco and breathing in the wonderful fumes of Blue Stratos aftershave. They don't make 'em like that anymore! :o