Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Not A Good Start To 2009

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

First week into 2009, I had a tooth out. It hurt for a week but then it was ok. Now I've got Labyrinthitis, which is an inner ear infection. It has affected my balance and I am really dizzy. I swear that someone has made my stairs out of jelly, :o That's what it feels like and I think it is seeping over the floors too. The worst thing is that it has caused me to have a bad attack of tinnitus. I only have one good ear and that is the one with the noise. It isn't as bad as it was at the weekend, on friday night the noise actually woke me up. Dr has given me something to help with the dizziness but it is the tinnitus that bothers me. I am off work but have made a start on the SEF and other things to do with playgroup. Oh well as they say, things can only get better, xD

Mary

oooh, poor you MaryEMac, :o I can part sympathise as I have suffered over the years with perforated eardrums causing regular ear infections. I have always been thankful though not to have suffered Tinnitis (something I've thought about), I can't imagine how awful that is.

I do hope the condition clears up for you soon.

Peggy

Oh dear - poor you! I had a similar ear infection a couple of years ago and it wasn't pleasant trying to get to the doctors when the only way to get there involved lots of roundabouts! I too can sympathise to not a good start to 2009 - I'm currently recovering from an allergic reaction to antibiotics - one week on and still itching like mad! :o

Take it easy and don't forget to rest too.

Hope you get better soon.

seems quite a lot of us are unwell at the moment.... Just don't do too much and while paperwork may seem like a good idea may not be with the dizzyness...I always found PC and even some TV made me dizzy....too much action and camera movement was not good....

If only there was a cure for tinitus. My Sympathy... I have had it for years. both ears and sometimes it is better than others...I have found that at night I can mask it by listening to audio books .. mine are on an mp3.. different ones work at different times so have a variety of them.. I can listen and not upset hubby...

I now no longer hear it most of the time.. just when unwell or have a cold...

lets hope the rest of the year gets better for all of us....

Inge

Oh Mary I really hope you are feeling better very soon. I had labrynthitis for the first time last year and it was just awful. As someone has said even lying down in bed was awful. I was off work for a fortnight and it really was one of the nastiest illnesses I have ever had.

At the moment I only have one perforated ear drum and a middle ear infection in the other one and that's bad enough!

Reallly hope you are better soon, sending you healing vibes :o

Guest MaryEMac

Thanks everyone for your good wishes and I send mine to everyone else who is suffering. The dizziness is getting better but slowly, and the tinnitus ebbs and flows according to how tired I am and what exterior noise there is, like the washing machine ect. Funnily enough it gets slighty worse when my husband comes home and puts on the TV. :o Bless him he has been great giving me a cuddle when the noise has been at it's greatest.

I am going to try work tomorrow as it is only half a day and see how it goes. It will give me something to think about in the morning because my husband has got to have an endoscopy. It's all go in our house !!

Thanks again, Mary

Guest MaryEMac

Just thought that I would let you know that the tinnitus has reduced to a manageable level, dizziness still catches me out from time to time though.

All the staff came here for a staff meeting this afternoon and it was great to find out what has been going on. After having almost 2 weeks off, I have had to admit that apart from the illness, I have enjoyed being at home and I need to go back to work next week because I might just want to stay at home.

I have produced a leaflet for the parents about the EYFS and srarted the SEF and believe it or not I haven't watched any daytime TV. How good is that? :o

Thanks again for your good wishes.

Mary

Glad to hear you're on the mend, I wish I had your willpower to avoid the T.V etc.I was up till 2 in the morning the other night typing up my notes and homework ready for college the next day, yet I always moan at my children for leaving theirs till the last minute.

Karrie

I was up till 2 in the morning the other night typing up my notes and homework ready for college the next day, yet I always moan at my children for leaving theirs till the last minute.

My dad called this the "do as I say and not as I do" parenting model! :o