Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

"all About Me" Week

Can anyone give me any ideas please. A couple of the children in our setting have just, or are moving, also this week children have talked about their favourite dressing up clothes from the box, also a few children have been obsessed with the colour of people's eyese lol. So from this we have decided to do an "All about me" theme next week.

So far we will make house collages, let the children cut out their fav toys and foods from magazines and make a collage with them, self portraits.

In the home corner we'll have the dolls etc and talk about who has brothers and sisters, we'll make a rainbow for all the children to write their name on their fav colour.

Apart from that though i'm stuck, and it seemed such an easy topic when we thought of it :o

what does everyone else do please?

We have done -my favourite food, have a drawing of a circle for a plate with knife and fork (I'll share mine if you want) and children either draw their food on or cut out of supermarket leaflets.

My best friend is.... and I like to play with.. chance to draw friends

Picture of my house

I weigh... and I am .... tall

I know these colours/shapes

My favourite toy at preschool is.....

My favourite game is......

I like to watch .. on tv with.......

My pets are called (picture) or my favourite animal is

When I grow up i'd like to be (picture)

Self portrait

Oh yeah - we did this. And chalk dust finger prints. If you rub children's fingertips in chalk dust you can use clear sticky backed plastic for them to stick their fingers onto, peel it off and stick it onto black sugar paper. Then lots of fun looking through magnifying glass!

If you rub children's fingertips in chalk dust you can use clear sticky backed plastic for them to stick their fingers onto, peel it off and stick it onto black sugar paper.

Why do you use the sticky backed plastic though and not just do it straight onto the paper? Are the prints clearer or something?

It never smudges. Chalk dust would smudge quite quickly. By doing it this way, (rather than with an ink pad which is messy) you can keep them forever

Or you could spray hairspray over them if you do the finger prints straight onto paper.

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)