Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Herts Potential Learning Cards

Does anyone in Herts use these cards instead of Continuous Provision Sheets? They list the development matters for each area, and are good and helpful, but a few of us feel they don't relate as much information as the C/P plans we have seen on here. There's no list of resources, activity ideas, links to the EYFS aspects, vocabulary, questions or look,listen and note boxes; so I just wondered what other settings did, the few I've chatted with have been told they don't need C/P's as all the info they need are on these Potential Learing cards and doing C/P's would be uneccessary extra paperwork. I would really appreciate any feedback.

Karrie

Hi Karrie

I am also in Herts and at present am using the Herts potential learning cards as I find they are useful for the staff and getting them used to EYFS and the development matters.

However, I do know that you are saying and I do have some CP sheets that come out if I am targetting a particular CP area.

Sorry not very helpful.

Denisse

Thanks for replying,

Cait these are sheets the Herts EY team have drawn up and like Denisse says they are helpful in becoming familiar with the development matters but they just don't have as much information as c/p sheets. I think I'm going to continue updating our C/P sheets and continue using them.

Karrie

• 5 months later...

Ok I'm late responding to this, and I don't work in Herts. However I have seen the potential learning cards and I use them in my class in a completely different London Borough, but what I have done is laminate them, and hang them from rainbow coloured string from the ceiling over the areas they relate to. I haven't replaced my continuous provision sheets, but use them for students, supply, volunteers and new staff to refer to and to get used to working within the EYFS. I love them.

Ok I'm late responding to this, and I don't work in Herts. However I have seen the potential learning cards and I use them in my class in a completely different London Borough, but what I have done is laminate them, and hang them from rainbow coloured string from the ceiling over the areas they relate to. I haven't replaced my continuous provision sheets, but use them for students, supply, volunteers and new staff to refer to and to get used to working within the EYFS. I love them.

I would really like to see these - any chance you could post a link? - Please!

Sunnyday

I would really like to see these - any chance you could post a link? - Please!

Here's a link showing how you can order some, but I couldn't find any downloadable examples.

Maz

Hmmm, personally think they are quite expensive.

Its hard to make that judgement though, without knowing what is on them. I know that continuous provision can take such a long time to do properly and if it saves a lot of manpower hours it might be worth the investment.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)