Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superheroes

Hi everyone,

I have been out of action for ages because my life has basically fallen apart. Work is keeping me going but i haven't been able to do any planning because life is just a nightmare. I wondered if anyone has anything on superheroes they could share as i am pretty desperate to keep going but i am finding planning really difficult.THank you

Suzy

Ooh suzybell, sorry to hear that. There have been a couple of threads recently about superhero play. If you search forum posts with that as your criteria you should find them, if not, just shout and we'll all jump aboard to help!

I wondered where you had gone Suzybell and I'm glad to see you back here. I'm sorry things haven't been good for you recently.

I think that if you do a search you will find several threads to help you. Please keep asking for any help you need as we are all here to support each other.

Hugs and best wishes

Jacquiex

Hi,

I have already done a search and come up with nothing.

I am reeling from a 20 year marriage and found out my hubby is having an affair, has infected me with STD and is still seeing her. Also he came home new years eve and terrorised me and the kids by shouting and kicking a hole in the bedroom wall. We cried in the new year. I thought I was with my soul mate and would be married for life. It is a terrible shock, the more help I can get the better... as I need work but find it hard to concentrate and sleep and eat etc...

Oh Suzy I can only say how sorry I am and sympathise with how let down you must feel when someone you love and trusted behaves in this way. Please, if you haven't already, go and talk to your Dr. and explain. Worrying and not sleeping can only make things worse. No-one can change the way you feel, but you can have support and sleep, which will help you get through the next day. Take one day at a time.

How can we help with your planning? Perhaps if you say a bit more about what you wish to do between us we can help.

Oh Suzy I can only say how sorry I am and sympathise with how let down you must feel when someone you love and trusted behaves in this way. Please, if you haven't already, go and talk to your Dr. and explain. Worrying and not sleeping can only make things worse. No-one can change the way you feel, but you can have support and sleep, which will help you get through the next day. Take one day at a time.

How can we help with your planning? Perhaps if you say a bit more about what you wish to do between us we can help.

Absolutely, we'll do whatever we can. Good advice from JacquieL, as always

oh dear that is awful i am so sorry, im sure many of us can relate to your situation in one respect or another- but we have come out the other side - do take care of yourself hun and rant away if its going to help :o

THank you - this is helping. Superheroes is to be linked with people who help us and I want to set up a superhero academy- like day training and have the children do different activities so at the end they are a trained superhero. Cinderella has been kidnapped by aliens and a we are going to ask a superhero to help save her. All sounds a bit odd but it is what the learning journey consists of... trouble is, i can't think straight.

Been to doc, on anti depressants and def taking one day at a time... thank you everone, you are the best!!!

yes - that's the idea, and to give the kids a confidence boost by finding all their unique abilities- what ever they happen to be, celebrate our individual talents. who is good at what etc

yes - that's the idea, and to give the kids a confidence boost by finding all their unique abilities- what ever they happen to be, celebrate our individual talents. who is good at what etc

Make sure you get a confidence boost too!

Yes you are right, they can certainly help get you through stuff. When my Dad died suddenly and I got the phonecall whilst I was at work, the children kept me going for the rest of the day, and I found I was far better going in to work over the next days too, as they kept my mind off things.

you are right Cait, I had to take time off to recover from the STD and it was really tough, I went back as soon as I could and found it a lot easier to cope. THe kids just take you over and it is such a tonic.

Thank you so much for caring

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I appreciate how hard it can be to keep smiling through when your world is falling apart. Just keep telling yourself things will get better.

As for superheroes - you're ideas sound great - and hey,if you can't get it all written up into the planning coherently does it really matter, be easy on yourself and enjoy getting stuck in with kids. Some weeks planning is better than others but the children can still have really good experiences. hope that makes sense.

best wishes

Sorry to hear of your problems suzybell, but the children and school will keep you going,

just make sure you look after yourself and your children,

I'm thinking of doing a super heroes type topic in a weeks time, so this is proving an interesting thread for me also :o

jackie.

Thank you everyone, my biggest problem is the provision map and displays- we have an open morning next friday so needs to be fab- any ideas and resources would really help.

You are all truely wonderful!

So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. I went through a similar situation during the summer so I know exactly how you are feeling. All I can say is things do get better although it's probably hard to believe right now. My confidence took a complete nosedive to zero overnight.

Sending you lots of love and best wishes. PM me if you want a private chat or rant or whatever. You will come out of this stronger. :o

Sally

Suzy I am so sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time. Superheroes sounds a very appropriate topic for your class as that's just what you're being at the moment. December's EYE had an article on superheroes - if you want to PM me with your address I could post it to you, or let me know if you'd like me to post a detailed thing of everything that was in the article.

I hope you have lots of fun with your superheroes and it gives you a chance to spend some time in a fantasy world away from everyhting else that's going on. Take lots of care of yourself and we're all here for you if you want to talk.

Emma x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)