Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Information Booklet

I want to produce an information booklet or leaflet for new parents using our creche. I'm not sure of all the things I need to cover - could anyone help or be willing to share theirs please?? :o

So far I have thought of:

- contact info, session times, fees and how to book, and restrictions on booking

- listing what parents need to bring including need to label coats and bags, need for coats and hat in winter as we usually go outside daily, applying suncream in the summer

- settling in

- where to find a copy of all our policies

- a bit about our routine including snack time

- complaints

- dropping off and collecting procedures

- bit about our aims and eyfs

- maybe something about medication and infectious illnesses?

- may be a bit about special needs and all being welcome?

Is there anything else I should cover or anything that's not necessary do you think? I don't want it to be too long or no one will read it - but also want to cover the important things.

Key persons and what they do?

Perhaps, bearing in mind a recent thread, request about only bringing shop-made cakes for birthdays?

I'll come back if I think of more

Thanks Cait - the managers are strongly against the idea of keypersons so we don't have any :o (as a creche we are outside the remit of EYFS). Birthday cakes - I didn't catch that thread so will look it up.

Guest Wolfie
Thanks Cait - the managers are strongly against the idea of keypersons so we don't have any :o (as a creche we are outside the remit of EYFS). Birthday cakes - I didn't catch that thread so will look it up.

I think that the attitude of your managers to the key person approach is a real shame - you may be outside the remit of the EYFS but surely good practice is good practice and should be implemented wherever possible. At the Centre where I work, we implement the same practice across all groups, regardless, to ensure consistently high standards for children and families.

Thanks for the support Wolfie, Hali and Maz - I don't know if you remember that last year I posted about this under Children's Centre 'Creche within Children's Centres' (sorry I can't work out how to do the link or I would like you to it). Everyone posting on it at the time seemed to agree that, in the case of children's centres, it seemed strange that creches were not covered by the EYFS. It wouldn't be so bad if they were covered by something else instead that ensured quality provision - but they are not - they don't even need to be on the ofted register, and if they are on the voluntary register will not even be given a 'rating' if they are inspected - which would only be on average once every 10 years!!

As far as I can see children's centres seem to make their own rules and not be accountable to anyone or work by the same rules as anyone else unless they choose to?? Sorry for the rant - I feel better now :o

Key persons and what they do?

Perhaps, bearing in mind a recent thread, request about only bringing shop-made cakes for birthdays?

I'll come back if I think of more

some how i have missed the thread about shop-made cakes...can anyone enlighten me? x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)