Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Local Authority Forum Move

Steve

Hi all -

For the information of those of you who subscribe via your local authorities, you'll find a little change designed to make your forum easier to find.

Instead of having to dig through the great long list of local authorities half way down the page, we've now shuffled the furniture around a bit. You should find that you see only one local forum listed (your own) and this is right at the top of the forum index page. Others will not be visible to you, and you will find that they will also not show up on the last topic list on the FSF homepage. :o

Instead of having to dig through the great long list of local authorities half way down the page, we've now shuffled the furniture around a bit.

Oh dear! Some us don't like change, do we campells? (She's still grieving for the absence of Woollies in Maidenhead High Street xD ).

However, that sounds great to me Steve - nothing like a new year's reorganisation to shake us all up a bit! :o One thing off your 'to do' list, eh?

Maz

That's probably because you're down as a Full FSF Member which, if my understanding is correct, means that you are not affiliated to a LA subscription but rather are down as a 'private' subscriber. It's just an admin thing and I'm sure that Steve can give you a quick tweak though. :o If you would much rather a woman do it though I can give Sue a shout. xD

That's probably because you're down as a Full FSF Member which, if my understanding is correct, means that you are not affiliated to a LA subscription but rather are down as a 'private' subscriber.

That might have something to do with the fact that my LA hadn't subscribed when I joined. xD:(

But if I change, will I not be a full member anymore?! :(:o

Ok, lets see if I can explain this so there is no confusion.

Full FSF Members have paid their annual subscription privately and have access to all forum areas, articles and resources.

Full Members have subscribed via a local authority scheme and as well as access to all of the above they do also have access to their own local authority forum area. These members subscribe using a password issued to them by the local authority and that password makes their LA forum appear at the top of the page when entering the forum index; clever stuff eh!

So Mrs Weasley, sorry you can't see them, maybe your authority will join one day.

However whether you are a full FSF member or Full member you can still enter the moderators competition and stand the chance of winning a mug or one of the lovely new FSF pens which I took delivery of yesterday :o

Hope that helps,

Sue

So Mrs Weasley, sorry you can't see them, maybe your authority will join one day.

Sorry if what I said in my post before wasn't clear!

I joined in the summer, and then my LA have just subscribed at the beginning of December.

So what now? :o haha

Can it be changed so I can see my LAs forum?

This is all too technical for me!

Sooo .. if I understand it correctly does it mean that as a Full FSF member I can't now access my local authority forum??

Yes I know I could get my subscription paid and could have done for at least the last two years but it's a long story and I am happy (more than happy) to pay my subscription but do (or did!) occasionally pop into my local authority forum :o

Well, I've been watching 3 men in a boat the last couple of nights, so I think someone should take along a camcorder!

There's no problem with having access to your LA forums. If your LA subscribed after you took out your individual subscription just let us know and we'll add you to their list.

If your LA subscribed before you took out your subscription and you hadn't realised, then if it's in the last few months we'll be able (and happy) to refund your subscription. :o

Mrs Weasley, I've sorted yours out already - you should now be able to see your LA.

It takes even less for me I'm sure xD (to be confused I mean!) Any room in the boat for me??? :(

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. If you see a moderator, don't forget to scream! :o

• 4 weeks later...

Have not managed to view for a while but taking opportunity of snow to catch up a bit! I don't have local authority forum (derbyshire) visible although i joined via them. can anyone help please? Highly possible i'm just looking in wrong place!!!!!!

Hi bladette -

You should be able to see it now - I just found a little glitch in your settings. :o

This made me smile as it's my son's nickname at Uni (Glitch) as he caused a glitch on day one in the computer system as he changed his name by deed poll between registration and the start of term! He's anything BUT little - head and shoulders above me, and like a beanpole!

so what was he doing in your settings!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)