Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

ooops I have been off the wagon so to speak....children home and eating non-stop!! I need to get focussed now as I have put back on the 3lbs I lost last week!! Bear with me I am on back on track ..........tomorrow!! xD:o:(

Well done everyone!!

I put a pound and a half on as i too fell off the wagon at the weekend i am back on it now tho ................. i think....

well dne to everyone else on their success!!! keep up the good work!!!

Don't be going out to eat anywhere to eat this week then Beau! xD I'll eat your chips for you, if you like... :(

Maz

Rich's birthday today so I am cooking up an Italian extravaganza meal! I've a feeling I will be skulking at the back of this thread next week. :o

• 3 weeks later...

I found that I went up and down in weight as well, so put the previous day behind you and keep going. I'm making vegetable soups which last a couple of lunchtimes, are very low in calories, and cheap go make. I made a carrot and parsnip soup last week which made 6 portions, it was delicious and after adding onions and a red pepper as well, worked out at around £1 for the lot as the carrots and parsnips were on offer in Tescos.

I have to say that I haven't been so good recently - Rich's birthday and half term so dieting went out of the window! However, my total loss since Christmas is also 7lbs overall which I am pleased with. If I can lose another 7lbs by Easter I will be well on my way to my target. :o

Fantastic, and I'm hoping to do the same as you Beau. Thank goodness it's Lent as we will give up alcohol which will help. So tonight I shall enjoy pancakes with lemon and sugar 2.5 points each, and some wine, as number 2 son is popping over to show off his new car. Then that's it until Mothering Sunday. Mothering Sunday is also known as Refreshment Sunday, and a 'day off' the Lenten fast! :o And if I don't get my Wii-fit tomorrow I am going to sulk until Easter as well!

Well done to everyone for their weight loss!

We had a wii fit for Christmas and although I haven't been as good as my Mum, I thought it would be worth sharing - my Mum has lost 8lbs since Christmas and she is looking much trimmer and apparently firmer too according to my niece! Lots of people have noticed the change and she is very pleased with it too. Her skirts are looser and she is also feeling much healthier. She spends about an hour a day mainly doing the free step aerobics, the jogging and also does the balance, muscle and yoga exercises too. My excuse for not doing it as much is that she is always on the Wii fit but then I prefer to pound a treadmill!

Well its the start of lent, so I have vowed to eat only my meals, no desserts and nothing in between apart from a bit chewing gum and the odd sugar free polo.

Am not at weightwatchers at the moment as I have too much going on, but have parents who are determined to fatten me up for christmas so I have to take drastic action.

Am looking forward to St Patricks day so I can have one little bit of chocolate!!!

I've lost a pound and a half this week, so I'm now the proud owner of a 'first stone certificate' award AND a sticker :o

I'm going to celebrate with a creme egg xD

jackie.

I've lost a pound and a half this week, so I'm now the proud owner of a 'first stone certificate' award AND a sticker xD

I'm going to celebrate with a creme egg :(

Well done jmb: its a great feeling isn't it? (and losing the pound and a half feels good too!) :o

Maz

I've enjoyed reading up on everyones' successes as I haven't checked this thread for a while. You are all doing so well. :(

Reading through it is curious how we consider weight loss as a 'diet' rather than a change of eating style. I think it's more to do with portion size, time of day you eat, time of month, 'balanced' consumption of food types, 5 smaller snacks spread through the day compared to 3 'meals', etc. Concentrate on these, and changing your eating habits rather than focusing on the odd creme egg, glass or two of wine etc. If you concentrate on the latter then you either feel guilty and comfort eat or just give up for the rest of the week. The best advice I had at WW was today's finished, back on track tomorrow.

Howver, I haven't tracked since I became a gold member(Nov 08) I'm now 2lb below my goal weight but I still want to lose 1/2 stone. It took me a steady year to lose 1 stone and because of this steady loss I am quite confident I will keep it off. Becoming teetotal I am sure will help though :o

Now the sun has begun to shine I am coming out of hibernation, I will walk the dog more often, get back on my Wii, which I've neglected for so long it's started gathering dust ! and generally get more active, no more lounging around in my dressing gown for most of the day. :(

Keep at it everyone, your new 'life style' that is. xD:(

Peggy