Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

This morning I am feeling tired and hungry - a sure sign that my diet is starting to kick in. I am also wondering if my extra feeling of lethargy is to do with withdrawal due to no alcohol! I am not a heavy drinker but have had several drinks every day over the Christmas holidays and perhaps my body has come to expect it. :o

The good news is that so far the food I have been eating has been delicious and satisfying at the time. In fact, last nights dinner almost had me beat but I knew it had little in the way of calories and was determined to get every one I was entitled to. xD

Today I have cereal for breakfast, soup and toast for lunch and vegetable pasta for dinner. All sounds lovely to me. :(

That sounds good to me Beau. I'm afraid I have been very bad this week and had some wine and last night I had a roast parsnip. The local farm shop had pheasants at £7 a brace so I went a bit mad and we had them between 3 of us, so of course I had to do some roasties with them :o . I'd only gone in for some chops. Then I ate some chocolate!. I can't seem to get back into the routine with all these goodies around the house. Still I'll try again today.

Porridge for breakfast. Soup for lunch and a vegetable curry tonight.

I once did a detox, no caffeine, alchohol, meat etc and after two days I felt very very tired and unwell. Two days after that I felt really good so you might be correct re the alchohol.

Agreed Beau, sounds fine to me.

I've had my porridge with a little golden syrup on it for sweetness (2 tsp equals 1/2 a point) and it's ham sandwich and celery sticks for lunch plus carrot, cucumber and red pepper sticks too!

Chicken & mushrooms in tomato sauce with pasta for tea so that should keep me going, the thought of a yummy tea, easpecially as I made it yesterday so will only have to cook some pasta tonight.

Good luck everyone with your diets today :o

Sue.......not any slimmer yet in Lewes!!!

I'm going to share with you all something I won't tell anyone else.

I went back to slimming world after a two week break and I've put on 8lbs. YES 8lbs. xD

How bad is that?

So today I've started again and so far so good, though the worst time of the day is yet to come.

I'll be in bed by 7 o'clock!! :o

jackie.

I went back to Weightwatchers for the first time since the end of October and was really pleased that I'd only put on 6lbs :o! As I knew I was not going back till the new year I adopted the philosphy of 'I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb'. Now I'm determined to get back on track and stay focussed. Had porridge for breakfast no sugar/sweetners (so it took me ages to eat), lunch was vegetable soup and a roll and, like everyone else it seems, pasta & vegetables for dinner.

Karrie

I'm going to share with you all something I won't tell anyone else.

I went back to slimming world after a two week break and I've put on 8lbs. YES 8lbs. :(

How bad is that?

So today I've started again and so far so good, though the worst time of the day is yet to come.

I'll be in bed by 7 o'clock!! :o

jackie.

Never mind Jackie, don't get disheartened. At least those 8lbs should come off fairly quickly and easily if you stick to your diet over the next couple of weeks. Then you will be back on track again and you can forget about your Christmas excesses. Stick with us too and we'll do it together. xD

a girl in our class lost 8Lb over christmas!!! she didnt stay for class to tell us how she lost it, maybe she had that flu :o

Well done beth!! another girl lost 2lb and she said it was down to her Wii Fit!! says she didnt watch what she had ate at all, but was on the Wii every day from christmas!!

I have taken up cross stitch again at night time as that is my problem time. I used to sew every night but since starting course have been studying most nights. Between cross stitch, assignments and this forum I'm hoping it keeps my hands busy and my mouth closed xD

Good morning everyone! I am feeling a bit more energetic this morning. I don't know if that's just my body adjusting or because I watched Paul McKenna last night on the tele! Whatever, I am feeling motivated and ready for another day.

I am back to doing my exercise on my exercise bike 3 times a week - 22kms each time. I started this when we moved and my husband started cycling to the train station every day. I vowed I would match the cycling he did - 66kms a week. :o I've also ordered some gadget thing off Amazon that you can use when running or cycling. You do your exercise and then plug it into the computer and it tells you how far you've gone, how fast you were going etc. I am hoping that having lots of visual records of my exercising will help me to set small goals for improvement each week to keep me going. I'll let you know how it goes. xD

Consultant wanted me to have rest of month off (He winced when I said I was a NN - 'on your feet all day and all those children to trample you'), but we compromised on 19th. Having walked on it yesterday and woken up sore, tender and a bit swollen again, I am thinking he had the right of it! Still, boss knows I'm going back now - very pleased (which is a relief, thought they might have realised I was a fraud, just having fun with the children!!)- so can't let her down!

Perhaps it's one of those occasions when you wake up 'suddenly better'??

But SOOOOOOOOO good to have plaster off, and be able to scratch itches xD

Sue :(

PS - if you ever have it done - anyone - be prepared for a foot encased in a shell of hard dead skin when the plaster comes off. Quite disgusting! It soaks off easily enough, but looks awful :o

Thank goodness you cant uplaod pictures :( Glad you're getting back to normal.

I dont diet, never needed to. Would it be mean to say right now I'm stuffing my face with a bacon roll?

Keep at it ladies, you're doing great :oxD

Thank goodness you cant uplaod pictures :( Glad you're getting back to normal.

I dont diet, never needed to. Would it be mean to say right now I'm stuffing my face with a bacon roll?

Keep at it ladies, you're doing great xD:(

Thankfully I'm a vegetarian and the thought of a bacon roll makes me gag in any case. :o

well i started my diet on Monday and have done well so far. i have been to the gym once and done my exercise dvd twice. Today i have had weetabi, vegetable soup, chicken and pasta in a tomato sauce. i have also been snacking on ssasumas and celery, cucumber sticks. We have a weekly weigh in at work on a wed and i think i have lost about 2-3lbs this week hopefully!!

QUOTE (Cait @ Jan 9 2009, 18:47)

are roast parsnips bad then!

Depends on what the parsnips are roasted in!! If u use one of the those fry light sprays then they are fine!!

Am having a bad today, am 4 points over :o It is the first day of THAT week in the month so am hoping to go 4 points less tomorrow or a go on the exercise bike if I can get half an hour to myself!!

Well so far so good this week, though it has only been 2 days xD

Today is usually the day I struggle the most so I'm going to keep busy with housework (haven't really done any all week), take my mum shopping and school work.

I won't have time to think about food let alone eat it :o

jackie.

Am having a bad today, am 4 points over :( It is the first day of THAT week in the month so am hoping to go 4 points less tomorrow or a go on the exercise bike if I can get half an hour to myself!!

That's the spirit! You will have occasional days when you just need that little bit more but the trick is not to feel too guilty and down about it. What is done is done - just look forwards and be determined to do well today instead. xD

I had a moment of hunger late yesterday afternoon and succumbed to a handful of nuts still hanging about from Christmas. So I had to forego my cheese in my burger. Never mind, it was still delicious. :o