Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hours For Playgroup

Im still waiting for Ofsted to change our registration we applied in Sept as like you I thought we could just change with the new framework but we contacted them and they said we had to apply for a variation.

hope that helps

sue

Im still waiting for Ofsted to change our registration we applied in Sept as like you I thought we could just change with the new framework but we contacted them and they said we had to apply for a variation.

hope that helps

sue

thanks sue

If you register for 4 hours then I think you are classed still as sessional anything over the 4 becomes nursery status but it is changing if i remember rightly. Your should be able to check on the DCSF website or with Ofsted I would have thought.

Welcome to the forum by the way

Steph

We did this admittedly before the new EYFS came in, we did have to apply for a variation, this was done all within a month. I was surprised they didn't come out and check anything but we had recently been inspected and had an overall good so that may have helped, I think it all depends on the individual inspector dealing with the query.

can i just make an enquiry about the 4 hour sessions? what do you charge the parents if the child is funded, does the funding cover the whole session or do you charge extra...... just curious as we were thinking about this but i wasn't sure where we stood financially.. sorry if i'm being a bit slow here!!!! :o

Hi

I would say if you are offering four hour sessions, then yes you could charge a fee for the additional 1 1/2 hours but from my understanding of the funding, you couldn't make the charge compulsory in that if people only wanted to take the 2 1/2 hours that are funded they could just take this part of the session.

To keep it simple, we do a 2 1/2 hour session in the morning, 45 minute lunchclub and then 2 1/2 hour afternoon session, so then parents can chose which parts they want to send their children, we have various different combinations of sessions taken up along with quite a few who do all day.

Hope this helps.

Penny

We have just contacted enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk on this very same issue. We are a sessional playgroup offering 2 separate sessions per day but children can only come to one not both. We want to open all day and asked if we would need to register as full day care. Ofsted's response was as follows:-

"If you wish to change you operating times you should notify us in writing to your regional Inspection Support Team office. You will need to include the number of hours you are open in a day, the nmber of days you operate in a week, the number of weeks in a year (all maximum and usual) We do not need to be notified for one off changes in hours such as emergency closure, unless this would conflict with a planned inspection" ( Bit iffy this one since inspections are unannounced!)

It is important to note the old care types unde National Minimum Standards such as full-day care and sessional care no longer exist and providers are not required to request this change."

Ofsted will let you know who your regional office is and the address.

Hope this helps....we certainly had no idea things had changed...was anyone ever going to mention it I wonder?

Cally

I always thought it was 12.5 hours free/funded before parents had to pay :o

Yes you're right - all parents are entitled top 12.5 hours of free nursery education from the term following their third birthday.

Yes you're right - all parents are entitled top 12.5 hours of free nursery education from the term following their third birthday.

When does it go up to 15 - or is this not going to be a whole national change at the same time?

When does it go up to 15 - or is this not going to be a whole national change at the same time?

We are in Leicestershire and have been providing 15 hours since April 2008. I think it will be rolled out over the country by 2010, although I'm not sure that it will be for just 'needy children', I believe it will be for all children by then (however, may be wrong!!!!!)

I believe it will be for all children by then (however, may be wrong!!!!!)

No BrendaS you're not wrong. 2009 for children in areas of deprivation (25% from memory) and then its universal from 2010. Our Borough has decided to do this on a group basis rather than be targeting indvidual families. So some groups will get to grips with the single funding formula ahead of 2010!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)