Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Short Term Planning Template

Hey! This is my first message in this website! I am looking for a template for weekly planning. I have tried different ideas but i'd be really interested in other peoples thoughts and ideas ready for the new term!! Thank you Lib

I write on a whiteboard at the start of the week what adult-led activities we have planned, and I add to this as the week goes on with spontaneous and child-led activities. At the end of each week i copy the information onto a sheet and file it, along with the learning we have seen coming from it

I've attached the method we use, where I have left ............ you insert children's names :)

Thank you so much for adding the templates, these are really helpful. Thank you Lib

I've attached the method we use, where I have left ............ you insert children's names :)

Has this theme come from the children or is it something you decided as adults? Would this run the whole week during the session or do you set aside time to do this?

Can I ask what other plans/pieces of paperwork , if any, you have running alongside this, ie do you plan what you will do in circle time, group time, storytime etc?

Do you have lots of individual planning for children going on as well?

I am trying to get to grips/devise a planning document which shows what staff are doing what, and generally what is happening each day.

If anyone has anything they can share I would appreciate your help

thanks

sharon

Has this theme come from the children or is it something you decided as adults? Would this run the whole week during the session or do you set aside time to do this?

Can I ask what other plans/pieces of paperwork , if any, you have running alongside this, ie do you plan what you will do in circle time, group time, storytime etc?

Do you have lots of individual planning for children going on as well?

I am trying to get to grips/devise a planning document which shows what staff are doing what, and generally what is happening each day.

If anyone has anything they can share I would appreciate your help

thanks

sharon

this came out of a few children having been to the sealife centre. It went on for the whole week.

all the children have their individual next steps in the learning stories, the key workers help them achieve these by providing the activities or equipment etc most days - other children can obviously join in with this as well :) Hope that makes sense lol

• 3 years later...

Hi

I work in a pre-school room in a nursery and we have a weekly plan of the' class room' area and 'messy area' then each keyperon has their own 'group' planning which runs along the 'theme' or opportuinties planned for that week and the children's individual next steps.

hope this helps :o

Cannot really add any more to what has been suggested mine is on 3 a4 sheets held on a magnetic board (pack away), along side the individual planning sheets from key people

this is added to or changed as the week goes on

but i just wanted to say welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Hi in a bit of a pickle - it is this time of the year - when I need to spring clean and change over at the moment I use a continious planning format also added to this is a focus planning sheet - i am somehow missing something.

We are pack away nursery too, so space is limited

Hi in a bit of a pickle - it is this time of the year - when I need to spring clean and change over at the moment I use a continious planning format also added to this is a focus planning sheet - i am somehow missing something.

We are pack away nursery too, so space is limited

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)