Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Just Don't Get It

SueFinanceManager

I agree with everything that has been said about children's behaviour.

At our preschool we have a lunch club and the children bring their own packed lunch. we insist that they eat their sandwiches first which they now accept. We had to insist that they take their sandwiches out and place their boxes on the floor as they used to play with all the items in their box! They stuff the food into their mouths and then speak with mouths full. Those tubes of yoghurt they bring are a nightmare and they often squirt all over the place. We try to encourage them to eat everything but we know that the parents will let them finish it off when they get home. I think some children must graze all day. Whatever happened to mealtimes!

You should see the floor at the end of lunch!

There is a programme on television called Grumpy Old Men and I heard that after Christmas there's one called Grumpy Old Women. Not that I'm saying that we are old, but much of what we have said here could feature on the programme!!!!!!

OH PLEASE!!!!! you didn't offend me at all....really the point I was subtley trying to make with my last post. WHOOSH it went straight over your head. I was being very tounge in cheek and not serious at all. Most of my replies should be taken with rather a large pinch of salt. The trouble with forums of any type is that you don't really know the people involved and you may come across in a totally different way than was intended. Take my last post I was smiling when I wrote it I didn't really think anyone would take it seriously but there's always one and I used enough of those smilies ...........lighten up!

(I also have 'views' of people o this forum but I bet they are very different in real life. You don't want to know what I really thought of hali before I met her)

wink wink, hali :oxD:(

Hi Anita

I love that 'Grumpy old men' programme although at 36 it scares the hell out of me just how much I agree with them :D:D:D

I'm definately up for being in the grumpy old women one. Maybe we should start to vent our spleens in the 'grumpies' style on here and get it out of our system.

1. People who walk in late to a meeting and mutter sorry but don't look sorry at all

2. Plastic supermarket bags that you can't get open

3. Staff in shops who have no idea about the product they are selling

4. Instruction manuals for just about everything

5. Food wrapped in industrial strength plastic stuff that is then shrink wrapped and you can't get into it, especially sandwiches

6. Belly button piercing because my bellies too fat to have mine done, soory that's jealousy, that's a slightly different thing, but it still makes me grumpy :o:DxD

Anyway that's enough for starters !!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I thought I would add this. I thought some of it was quite funny and true - what do you think?

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED

Raising teenagers is like trying to nail jelly to a tree. :o

Wrinkles dont hurt.

Families are like fudge....mostly sweet, with a few nuts. xD

Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground.

Laughing is good exercise. It's like juggling on the inside. :D

Middle age is when you choose the cereal for the fibre, not the toy.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD

Forget the health food. You need all the preservatives you can get. :(

When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.

You're getting old when you get the same sensation from rocking a chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

Time may be a great healer but it's a lousy beautician.

GREAT TRUTHS THAT LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED

No matter how hard you try you can't baptize a cat.

When your mum is mad with your dad, don't let her brush your hair.

If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second one.

You can't trust dogs to watch you food.

Don't sneeze when somebody is cutting your hair.

You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.

The best place to be when you are sad is Grandpas knee. :)

THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE

1. You believe in Santa Claus

2. You don't believe in Santa Claus

3. You are Santa Claus

4. You look like Santa Claus

SUCCESS

At age 4 success is..........not peeing in your pants

At age 12 success is..........having friends

At age 17 success is..........having a driving licence

At age 20 success is..........going all the way

At age 35 success is..........having money

At age 50 success is..........having money

At age 60 success is..........going all the way

At age 70 success is..........having a driving licence

At age 75 success is..........having friends

At age 80 success is..........not peeing in you pants

It was a long posting but had to share it.

Sue J

Sue J!!

You have added to my fears!!!!!!!!! :(:(

Sue No 1 - I love you!! But my belly button piercing was a failure because I'm weird! 4, FOUR!!! YES!! FOUR goes, - each one slowly and miserably rejected....... Get a tattoo there instead, I did!!

When I figure it out, I'll post it - the tattoo, not my b-b (well, that'll be there too :) :wacko: :(:o )

Sue xD

If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second one.

Oh no - this is bringing back some very bad memories :o

Other than that I'm keeping out of this one xD:D

Might not be wearing purple and lime green but I saw a poem called 'warning' some years ago, must track it down. It was about what to do when you grow old, one line said something like ' wear purple hat and red shoes that dont match'. Can do! :D

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

And run my stick along the public railings

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

And pick the flowers in other people's gardens

And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

Or only bread and pickle for a week

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

And set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practise a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

:D:D:D

So the jelly fish AD:

It's quite clear to me that the two cowboys represent the salesmen who will try to sell you a phone and service you don't really need and the jellyfish represents what will happen to your brain if you use it too much....

AD 2 ... as a consequence of which you will start seeing singing fruit and either run off screaming or eat it!!

Quite why this should make me want to buy the service concerned is beyond me but then I am 25 years too old to be of any concern to advertisers. Things have seemed to get more and more bizarre over the last 5 years but I put this down to the fact that I am of an age where I can be safely classified as an 'old git'.

Androyd

Thanks for your thoughts.

You shouldn't run away from the fruit though, the government says we have to eat 5 portions a day or goodness knows what will become of us.

How did I make to 36 I wonder sometimes. I used to play conkers without wearing safety glasses you know, what a rebel I am :o:DxD

What other dangerous things did you guys used to do when you were young that you aren't allowed to do today?

Sue

We used to play in the fields all day without adult supervision, climbing trees, wading the stream and getting leeches on our legs, walking to the nearest shop (2 miles away) scrumping, using anything we wanted from the garden shed, giving 'backies' and riding no handed, drinking out of the hose pipe in the garden. As we got older we used to walk along the railtrack from one bridge to the next and then stand underneath when trains ran over it. Jumping in the canal, rigging up rope swings, taking lifts on milk floats.......better not write any more, social services will be knocking my door to check I'm a suitable parent. :o They were brilliant, fun packed days, full of wonderful memories and I'm just sad that my children havent been able to do anything like it. xD

Oh Rea! Weren't those the days!!

I remember when bread came in a sort of waxed paper and when the loaf was finished we rushed to the local park with the paper and spent many happy hours sliding down the slide! The paper was great - really whizzed down the slide sitting on that.

We made picnics and rode off on our bikes and were gone for hours, got swimming costumes rolled in a towel and went of to the local baths ( no leisure centres with flumes in my youth!!) An old penny to spend in the sweet shop on the way, who remembers mo jos, black jacks, fruit salads, you could get 4 for a penny!!!!!

I live in a small village and when my lads were small they wandered off one day and I did my paranoid mother bit and went walkabout. I met them walking along the lane on their way home, they were filthy and one was wearing one wellie boot and had a very soggy sock on the other foot. When I did my moaning mum of "where have you been" the reply was 'playing in the stream!' and 'the man said we could' The man turned out to be a local farmer who had a small stream on the edge of his land with huge trees either side, he later made a rope swing and my boys and other local children spent many happy hours there.

The farmer and his workforce kept a friendly eye and I had no concerns at all. We recently had a sort of 'do you remember when?' conversation and one of my sons asked his brother 'do you remember the fun we had at paradise?!!' I wondered what on earth he meant but apparently this was the name the local children gave to a friendly farmer and his stream!!

Oh thats lovely Geraldine, glad they were able to have some of our youth. We used to play in a deralict cottage, all the kids from the neighbourhood called it the secret garden. We used to light fires in the old grate and eat cherries off the tree, there was a sign 'trespassers will be prosecuted' but my brother dragged it home because he couldnt read and he wanted to ask my mom what it said! :D