Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calender Ideas

We let the kids loose with the collage materials and glue. We then laminated them when they were dry and added the calendars and some ribbon for hanging. They were lovely and each one was unique.

Handprints?.... you could also put the 'Tiny Hands' poem on the back of the calendar and /or as we did take a photo of each child as they did their handprints some of their expressions were priceless! We then stuck the photo on the back.

"There are always so many of my fingerprints to see,

On the furniture and walls from sticky, grubby me,

But if you stop and think a while,

You'll see I'm growing fast,

Those little handprints will disappear,

You can't bring back the past.

So here's a small reminder,

To keep not throw away,

Of how those tiny hands once looked,

To make you smile one day."

I dont know if there is a copyright on this I recieved it over 20 years ago from my sons playgroup!!!

Julie

Hi

I have collected alot of Kandisky pictures and have disscussed them with the children and let them exsperiment with paint, oils and texture.

Kandinsky circles , houses were popular. I then laminated then and the paretns loved them in fact we went on the do a topic about differant artist and had a picture gallery showing on their work. All children's work.

fi

Hi, Our calenders came about by accident this year. I travel quite a way to school, and one morrning the sky was golden!! When I arrived I got some sponges, red, blue, yellow and black paint and began to experiment! On a piece of white paper I sponged the yellow, red and blue paint to show the sky, then got a straw (folded) and made lines to show trees and buildings. The results were great, the children's (Nursery!!) were amazing! I expected them to mix the colours and explore in their own way but the results made some of the teachers in main school blush (especillay when they knew who made them!)

I believe that children should have ownership of what they do. Although I gave them the inspiration the paintings were completley their own, and everyone was different! We backed them on black paper then edged them in gold. We laminated them in A3 then put a calender tab on the bottom. Once displayed it looked like we had real artists in our room :o

we did varied sizes of circles with bright paint printed on to coloured card the children just did it how they wished. they looked very good and each of them different.

Don't suppose you have a photo, joeysmum? :o

I do, but its on my phone!!! How do I get it on to here??!! It was the one day that the bateries decided to go in our school camera!

I do, but its on my phone!!! How do I get it on to here??!! It was the one day that the bateries decided to go in our school camera!

Typical! Do you know how to transfer the photos from your phone to your computer? Bit technical for me but there are lots of people on here who can do it and would be able to help! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)