Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Last Day!

Inge

Hi all,

Just to let you all know have had my last day at pre-school. Went in today and found a party , newspapers, parents and children past and present from the last 10 years.

It was a fun , and my husband thinks we live in a florists shop, they also gave me a rose to name, (which may take a bit of time) along with champagne, glasses, rose vase engraved etc etc.

will I miss it?.. perhaps a bit but I will enjoy being able to go in to read a story or see how they are developing now..

Now for me time.......

Inge

Hello Inge,

Glad you had a really nice last day. I also left the job I have been doing for the last 30 years last month.

I feel soooo good. I did feel really guilty for the first few days even miserable and down, wondering if I had done the right thing, but now I know it was.

I am enjoying spending so much time caring for my hubby, children and grandchildren. I have time for myself and have time to talk to the rest of my family and friends.

I don't know how I managed to do everything before. The day goes so quick now.

I have started up all my old hobbies again and suddenly feel so happy. The morning headaches have gone.

All this said I do miss the children - but not the awful amount of home work that went with the job.

Wishing you all the best, and I bet it won't stop you from having a peek at the forum every day.

How lovely that they arranged so many lovely things for you. I'm sure you've touched the lives of so many children.

Enjoy your time and like you say I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms for story times etc!

nothing planned.. Im a go with the flow type person..

that said a bit of work in the house.. a new kitchen ordered and a bit of reorganising..

husband has lots of time off between now and New year.. so we will be off in the car and see where we end up!

Son is offshore in Irish Sea somewhere until 29th Dec. so no chance of visiting him.. but he will be visiting us in New year when he reaches land again..

and after that who knows..

and I will still be around on here..

Inge

and I will still be around on here..

Inge

I certainly hope so!

Have I missed something, this is a bit of shock, have had my head in study book for weeks....

Very tempting thought to stop the world and get off at the moment - hope you enjoy a well earned rest Inge.

All the best!

Glad you had a lovely last day Inge. One of my friends left our pre-school but she stills comes in to cook with the children, she says how much more she enjoys it now she hasn't got the responsibilities that goes with the job, and it's lovely to have her around as she's a veritable font of information and advice. Hope you have lots of lovely 'go with the flow days'.

Karrie

Inge would be a lovely name for a rose, enjoy your new life and you can still come on here to give us moral support and feel sorry for us and our paper mountains ha ha

Last days, so emotional yet positive. Sounds like a lovely celebration of all the impact you've had on so many people over the last 20+ years.

I too think 'Inge' is a lovely name for a rose, or maybe you might decide to name it after the preschool, depending if that works. (wouldn't if your preschool was called 'Poppies' preschool eh :( , a bit confusing).

Oh to have a lie in, to have the time with your son over New Year without worrying whether all the registers are up to date for the new term. xD To be able to have just the simplest of conversations with your family without that 'to do' list nagging at the back of your mind. :o

Enjoy your new era, I'm sure you will, but I agree with Beau, the days do seem to go much quicker when the time is all yours and your having fun. (or is it just our age? :( )

Peggy

Sounds like a super last day ... congratulations. I think being able to name a rose is a FAB present. Do let us know what you choose - we'll be able to look for it in the garden centre! Enjoy your ME time (I'm really jealous)

I know how you feel Inge. Enjoy your new life. When I retired, I missed the children, but not all the other work involved. I love the freedom and the time to indulge in things we want to do. Of course I still love to look in on the forum.

Not at the moment, sorting out the house will take a while, been in need of a revamp for a while now! and having been used to moving every 2 or 3 years, being in one place for 12 has had its toll on the amount of stuff to sort out! Time for de clutter, of major proportions!

then I will dust off the cameras and go back to the photography, of things other than children at play!

Inge