Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grrr I'm So Angry

Joe, my husband, went out to work this morning, only to come straight back in. Someone had stolen his car from outside our house overnight.

He's devastated and I'm just so angry. He has to send in all his documents and keys to the insurance company but no replacement car for him from the insurance, which I can kind of understand.

Also been a strange guy on the road this morning which we've also reported but by the time we had he'd gone. He'd been walking up and down the road for about 45 minutes. Then he got in a car, which drove him about 8 houses down and then he got out again, walked up to the road and back and then back in the car and went off. I took down the car reg and both me, Joe, and a neighbour saw him.

Just so angry. I could fill this post with swear words but I'm being a good girl!

Grrrrrr

Oh Nichola, I can SO understand how you both feel (had my car stolen many years ago but can still remember looking up & down the road, wondering why it wasn't where I parked it! :o )

PLEASE, PLEASE learn from my experience and phone the police every day or two to see if it has been found.

My Insurers paid out, I lost my "no-claims" and several weeks later got a letter from the police compound, with an invoice, charging me for storage of my car!

It had been found 3 days after being taken (undamaged!) and no-one had told me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually, with legal intervention, I received compensation but this same scenario has happened only last week to someone my husband works with.

Hope Joe's car is recovered soon.

Nona

On Nichola poor you :o I know the feeling, we had a car stolen from a car park a few years back and just recently my neighbour had his car stolen from the driveway - the ratbags 'hooked' the car keys by going through the letterbox!!!!!!!!!!

so word of warning to anyone who keeps keys anywhere near their front door!!

Hope you hear some positive news soon

So sorry to hear about Joe's car! My hubby has had the tools stolen out of his vehicle twice in recent years and they cannot be insured!! It makes me soo angry! And it always seems to happen in the weeks coming up to Christmas!! :o

I hope the car is found undamaged very soon!!

xD Sorry to hear this has happened Nichola: just when you were feeling so positive about things. I hope it turns up safe and sound soon - but in the meantime I think you're being very restrained - I'm sure the air was blue in your house this morning. :o

Maz

The air was very blue here this morning!

At least we have my car so not totally stuck without one. Joe's gone in to work this afternoon as work were moaning that he wasn't in yet and I thought it would probably help him to keep his mind off things.

We've got to send the keys and all sorts of forms off to the insurance company to get things rolling which is a pain but I'll do that tomorrow. Just so angry that someone would do that.

I read somewhere that we should all expect more theft coming up to Xmas because, with the recession, people were looking for ways of finding more money. Judging by your unhappy experience perhaps that is a timely warning for the rest of us. :o

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Just had an email from Joe as he's gone to work for this afternoon.

" I've just had someone on a private number ring me up saying that in a low voice "you'll never see your little red car again". I've just hung up.

Dunno if it's someone taking the piss or if it's serious. Don't think it's anyone in the office, as we're all busy. "

I feel ill now. I've told him to double check that it's not someone in the office and then to ring the police. I feel like someone is watching. How would they get his mobile number? I'm scared.

I really hope so Beau. The thing is, other than me saying something to people he's not told any of his friends, just the people he works with and the police. I guess I'm just paranoid at the moment.

A friend of mine had their house broken into for the car keys. They were all in bed and the house alarm went off. He ran down stairs to see them pulling away in a get away car, and without his car. :o That night 2 others went missing from the same street!!

You must feel very angry!! :( I know I would!! Hope Joe is okay and the car is found/insurance pays out quickly. xD

Golly Nichola! That's so creepy!!

Not surprised you are feeling anxious! Just keep nagging the police!

We had ours stolen a few years ago and abandoned outside a police station with the door open! It was nicked from there (of course) and then written off. The police knew who had done it from the way it had been stolen but couldn't prove it! so frustrating.

We are all thinking about you x

I really hope so Beau. The thing is, other than me saying something to people he's not told any of his friends, just the people he works with and the police. I guess I'm just paranoid at the moment.

Mike suggests that his mobile number was probably in the car on some documents, RAC membership stuff or something. He thinks that's the most likely suggestion, but also agrees that the whole think is very sick and sends his best wishes to you both xxx

Then that's just malicious! The police need to know that as it could be significant. Also, if he knows the time of the call to his mobile that is traceable even with caller with-held numbers he says.

Nich, definitely let police know, as all sorts can be recovered from mobile phone records, even deleted stuff! (Don't ask how I know !! Unfortunate exerience some years ago, suffice to say deleted texts saved the day for family member involved!!)

Sue

If it was a friend who left that message then they were no friend, as what they did was unbelievably insensitive. I would have been very nervous after that. I would want to know who it was and confront them. If it wasn't someone you know then the police need to be told after all where did they get the number from.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today Nichola?

Joe's passed off the phonecall as a silly prank by whoever it was. He said if he gets another then he will report it. It's his decision ultimately so I can't do anything about it.

I've sent off all the pieces and paperwork and the key for the car to the insurance company so fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

I've said will use some of our savings that we have that we were using to do up the house to get a new car for him, an expense we'd rather not have but he just wont get the money for the car as it's so old and there is a £100 excess. I expect him to only get a few 100 for the car.

Thanks everyone.

very sorry to hear this. The world is full of people like this and it is sooo annoying. I experienced this last year where a man walked into my house took the keys and drove off in my car! try to keep ur chin up x

make sure you let the insurance company know the true value of car to you... as you say it may be old, but if you've had it a long time you 'know the history' etc.. we had this problem when we had an old van stolen - our point yes the van was old.. but we knew the full history- it had new brakes, battery and that it was reliable etc, they then well over doubled the original payment offer!

xxx