Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cinnamon Ornament

Hi there. I'm really keen to try this recipe to make a cinnamon scented ornament. Its clearly an american recipe and I'm wondering what the applesauce bit is.... Do you think a jar of apple sauce would suffice???? (I guess I'll just have to give it a go and see LOL)

2 cups of cinnamon (for 25 students)

1 1/2 cups of apple sauce

4 tbsp pva glue

or

1/2 cup cinnamon

1/3 cup of apple sauce

1 tbsp pva glue (for 6 students)

Knead for 10 minutes. Too dry? More apple sauce, too wet? More cinnamon

Students take turns rolling out dough, dusting pin with cinnamon (bet they sneeze...)

then use cutter of choice to make ornament. An open paperclip can be used to scratch a message on the under side. Carefully arrange ornaments on a cooling rack or tray, make a hole for ribbon, and leave to dry for a few days in a warm place, turning occasionally. Alternatively they can be baked in a very low oven. Once dry hang from ribbon.

What do you all think? Shall I give it a go and what to you think about the apple sauce????

Cinnamon is one of my favourite smells. I add it to all sorts of things, apple pie, pizza base and of course christmas decorations. This recipe sounds wonderful. I agree with greenteaadict, try it out as it does sounds a bit strange. Keep us informed as I think we might all be having a go at this one.

Cinnamon is one of my favourite smells. I add it to all sorts of things, apple pie, pizza base and of course christmas decorations. This recipe sounds wonderful. I agree with greenteaadict, try it out as it does sounds a bit strange. Keep us informed as I think we might all be having a go at this one.

It sounds a great idea. Have you tried googling American apple sauce to see what it comes up with? Please let us know if you do make it and also tell us how it goes. I was just thinking about what to make this year with my class to take home at Christmas. Last year we made mince pies and 5 types of sweet but this year my TA has been off sick and may not be able to touch food when she returns (she has had salmonella food poisoning) and so although I have a different TA until she returns was thinking of alternative ideas.

Nicky Sussex xD:o:(

should work, If you stew apples and then dry them out on a baking sheet in a thin layer you can cut it into strips .. have seen this done to make a bag!

but not tried it myself.. it goes brown and is flexible.

Inge

should work, If you stew apples and then dry them out on a baking sheet in a thin layer you can cut it into strips .. have seen this done to make a bag!

but not tried it myself.. it goes brown and is flexible.

Inge

Hmm, if it was dry surely you couldn't have 'cups' and make it into dough?

As suggested, I googled american apple sauce and it does come in a jar so I'll get some tomorrow and let you all know how it turns out!! (OR NOT IF ITS RUBBISH, LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this today.

It was so easy & smelt so lovely, but thankfully they decided it wouldn't taste nice with glue in!

Hopefully it'll dry out nicely over the weekend, I'll let you know,

jackie.

Sounds lovely! :o

Hi,

We made it today and evveryone who passed our room was asking what the lovely smell was!!

My class had great fun making it and they have all made an ornament to take home for their parents.

Now just need them to dry out and we can tie ribbon onto them so they can be hung up.

Thanks for the fantastic idea.

Nicky Sussex xD:(

Ours are looking and smelling lovely too! They've been drying out in our boiler room for 2 days. I did take the precaution of PVA'ing them over the top and then drying them. Just off to find some lovely ribbon to hang them up with. Anyone want the labels I made (very worried they'll try to eat them LOL!)

cinnamon_decoration_label.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)