Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Full Moon

So, it was the full moon today - there are theories that children's behaviour alters when we have windy weather or a full moon. Did anyone notice anything different today?

Our children seemed louder and slightly more excited than usual.

Would love to hear what anyone else has found!

I am in the 'full moon has an effect on behaviour' camp being of course the forum's lunar gardener, I also plant by moon phase. There is loads of evidence to back this up that makes a really interesting read. Just look at the effect the moon has on tides..

there are some hospitals that wont conduct certain operations at a full moon because there is a greater risk of blood loss at this time.

Its really fascinating stuff.

B the way if you saw the full moon wasn't it fantastic?

Ours were most definately hyper. All staff went home with head aches! :(

Didn't realise it was cuse of the full moon :o

When is the next one, so that I can have pills before I start work xD

We had a few loopy children today, sometimes u wonder why! And now you seem to have given me an answer - thanks for that, I will pay more attention to the moon in future and will wait to see what happens next during the next full moon.

I saw the moon and it was fantastic last night.

I have found the moon affects growing cycles, two years ago I planted my spuds the day before the full moon at Easter, they grew fabulously and I had a super crop, I also dug them up the day after a full moon :)

This year however all thoughts of the moon went out the window, i was late putting my spuds in- I cant even tell u what the moon was doing but I doubt it was full, and I didnt dig up them anywhere near a full moon and the crop was pathetically dissapointing :o

em x

HELLO

Im new to this! but had to reply!!!! Our children were very demanding yesterday thought it was just me. Had a headache before i started lol had an even bigger one when i finished.

We had a few loopy children today, sometimes u wonder why! And now you seem to have given me an answer - thanks for that, I will pay more attention to the moon in future and will wait to see what happens next during the next full moon.

I saw the moon and it was fantastic last night.

I have found the moon affects growing cycles, two years ago I planted my spuds the day before the full moon at Easter, they grew fabulously and I had a super crop, I also dug them up the day after a full moon :)

This year however all thoughts of the moon went out the window, i was late putting my spuds in- I cant even tell u what the moon was doing but I doubt it was full, and I didnt dig up them anywhere near a full moon and the crop was pathetically dissapointing :o

em x

Hi,

Fascinating subject!!! xD I didn't notice anything today but yesterday I came home with a migraine. I even commented to colleages that the children seemed very excited. :o

YES - mine have been wild the last few days! I feel better now I know there was a reason for it! Have come home the last two days with thumping head!

Are you sure it wasn't the whole Children in need / dressing up / Friday excitement? Though I must admit my children did get a bit wild last time it was really windy. Then again - so did I - :o because windy weather is really exciting. I played catching falling leaves with the childre, one point for a catch and five points if you catch one in your mouth (that bit was only with my own children at home though not the children in my class).

I suppose so :o but then this was the staff not the children xD

I was the one who got sand coloured tights for the sand moose and the children couldn't find them!!

I found it in the Urban dictionary, I didn't realise I had such street cred to be using it!

wappy

1. Crazy, frantic and unpredictable

2. Angry in frenetic fashion

examples

1. Argh! The computer just went wappy

2. Dave went wappy at me after I trod on his toe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)