Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hi, I'm New!

Guest helenwearring

Guest helenwearring

Hello out there!

I'm new to this forum thing. Have just had a 'paperwork' day-trying to catch my tail as I'm hugely behind on paperwork. Found a leaflet about this forum and decided to investigate. I work as a Registered Childminder so I'm hopeful this will be a great resource to me and I'll get some tips, advice and new friends.

Love my job (on a good day), never thought I'd work with children, seem to be in big demand so must be doing something right but really struggling with fitting 'business' into my working day. By the end of each day I'm so tired(got 3 girls of my own aged 4,9&11)the chance of doing any planning is remote. Thats the one area I really struggle with so any hints or tips gratefully recieved.

I have a daughter who is a coeliac and have no problem accomodating her needs into the childminding setting so if there is anyone out there who needs any help or advice in that area, please ask.

Settee, glass of wine and husband are demanding my attention so bye for now!

Helen W. :o

Hello and welcome to the forum!! :(

Must warn you this forum is very addictive!!

Settee, glass of wine and husband are demanding my attention so bye for now!

You will soon manage to neglect the above three things when on the forum!! :oxD

Hi and welcome fellow childminder .

You may be behind with your paperwork now ,But join this forum and well all thoughts of paperwork go out of the window !! its addictive and much more fun ,you ll find yourself logging in just while youre on the computer and then well .......later much later you may go back to paperwork!!

this site is brilliant ,with loads of friendly people to help and always someone who can answer your questions ,make you smile or sympathise if you ve had a bad day.

As for planning i really dont think I do much written ,its all in my head ,I know who I have and where we go which days eg toddler group etc .But my setting is very child led !!It depends who I ve got ,what mood they re in and what we fancy doing and what they re "in to " at the time

Today with 2 very tired 3 year olds and a 1 year old .soft play this morning ,lunch,sleep for the little one then an afternoon curled up on the sofa with stories -and low and behold both 3 year olds fell asleep on my knee-a first -but very sweet !!

Hope its not my story telling !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)