Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree

Have been for an interview this morning and have been accepted to start the foundation degree in sept :o .

I will be doing tuesdays 3 untill 9 and this is a 3 year route.

the school are funding me and im soooo excited ,just hope I can cope with the essays.

It doesn't seem like two minutes ago that I was posting the same thing - having just finished the degree I can vouch for it being hard work but do-able and before you know it you have come to the end of it.

I know I would of really struggled without the support on here - just logging on in the middle of an essay and reading someone else's dilemma or achievement helps you to realise you are with like-minded empathetic people and we are all doing this to support the job we all love.

All the best of luck, can't wait to congratulate you and support you throughout your journey. :oxD

Guest Wolfie

Good luck for September - everyone I know that's done the Foundation Degree has loved it...even the essays! :o

congratulations you will enjoy the course but you will learn alot , i have just finished my first year and i have learnt loads, the essays can be hard going to begin will but form experienei would say to k sure to everything as you get them and don't leave things to the last minute, as everything alwasy takes duble the time you think it will. i hope that i heave not put you off. you will really enjoy the course i promise, and the added thing you have is all the guys and girls here

:oxD

Congratulations - i hear a lot on here about the foundation degree and i'm sorry for being thick but could some explain a little about it - what is it? what does it entail etc..

Many thanks

congratulations......................I have just finished my first year, and the advice about not leaving things to the last minute is sound! I have had lots of family issues going on around me, and that caused delays,which got me in a real state,hopefully the next years will be easier in that respect! I would say I have learned a lot and I AM enjoying it,so good luck!

Congratulations MARYS, I agree with Naria post don't leave your coursework to the last minute. Says me whos starting the prep work for my resarch practitioner module and the 3rd year of FD, only 3 modules 75 credits to go. :o Oh and sort out preschool ready of an OFSTED inspection from September onwards.

Beth

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice and im sure i will be back on here asking for all yuor help

thanks again

Debs x

My user name is marys because thats what my school is called and our early years unit paid the suscription before we got it from kirklees, so i just put the school name.

Guest matkat

Good luck marys i have just finished third year of foundation degree discipline is the name of the game try to keep one day a week for research that way you cant go far wrong thats what i found. Use a friend as a sounding mentor or find someone you work well with that way you can help each other out Debbie

My user name is marys because thats what my school is called and our early years unit paid the suscription before we got it from kirklees, so i just put the school name.

It all makes perfect sense!

Hi Debs,

Congrats on starting the foundation degree. I am just about to submit my final report for the end of my second year and I can't wait until next year when it is all over.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed every minute but imagining not having to worry about deadline and referencing. Heaven.

All the best

net x

Guest matkat
Hi Matkat. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. :o

Well done on making your first post. The first of many I hope! xD

Thanxs for the welcome to fsf Matkat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am hoping someone can clarify something, I am at present qualified to Level 3 and feel I would like to embark on some more training. Is the Level 4 my next step or can I go straight into a Foundation degree course?

If I did level 4 first will that then give me a head start on the foundation degree.? As you can tell i am a little confused.

Thanks

Lisax

Hi,

good luck with the foundation degree. can i ask what qualifications do you have to have to this. i have level 3 early years and work in a school nursery. Does the course include a exam at the end or is it all essays and course work. Keep thinking about it but cant decide thanks christine x x :o

Guest Wolfie

I've just mentored someone through the foundation degree -she went straight from level 3 and had no problems at all. In fact, some other colleagues decided to do NVQ level 4 instead and now wish they had done the foundation degree!

Guest matkat

Hi matkat here i went from my level 3 i had one year gap and went straight into the degree if disaplined you can handle it Matkat

I have just finished my Level 3 and am hoping to start my E123 and E124 in October.

I can't wait to start! As summer is a quiet time and I will have lots of reading time on holiday, I would be grateful if anyone could suggest any materials that would be useful. Could you give me some idea of what the Assignments are likely to be about and what form the project usually takes? Has anyone any materials or books they have finished with and would like to sell or any Websites or books they would recommend?

Many thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)