Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sorry To Say, It's Goodbye....

I haven't been a member of this forum for too long but in the time I have been I;ve found it a valuable source of information and reassurance!

I'm sad to announce that not only will my subscription end tomorrow, but also my setting will close in July (after 25 years). It's been a hard slog for the last few years and we have been lucky to have the backing of a Trust who have been a lifeline in those years. Unfortunately too many factors have now led to the decision being made to close: finance, lack of property, recruitment difficulties ( lack of trained Steiner Waldorf teachers available).......... the list goes on.

So, Thank you all for your kindness in welcoming me.... and Goodbye as of tomorrow.

:o

Hi Titian -

Sorry to hear that, and hope you find whatever you next decide to do rewarding and fun. Drop in from time to time and see what's going on here if you have a moment!

Best wishes,

Steve

Really, really sorry to hear your news.

I know how hard this must be for you but I hope that in the coming months you'll be able to look back and be very proud of all that you achieved.

Good luck in whatever the future holds for you.

What a shame. I know there are a lot of issues you have listed, bu I feel especially sad because you are a Steiner school - I recently read they were the fastest growing of the early education approaches. The Open EYE campaign has also highlighted the approach as a more child-centred way of working than the EYFS, and again was recently (last week) in Nursery World. You must feel so frustrated as well as sad.

I really hope that if you enjoy this vocation, you are soon able to turn your knowledge into something very special. Good luck.

Titian, I'm so sad to hear your news and angry at the Government who have had a part to play in what is yet another loss for our children, quality childcare & education that offers real parental choice.

I have followed your posts, you have eloquently voiced your principles and I have respected the strength of your convictions in these.

If it's any consolation, for me, the closure of my preschool was very sad, but a few months on and I still feel I have integrity because I do believe that if I had continued in teaching our under 5's, the requirements I would have had to follow would have chipped away at my values and beliefs. To not go through this curriculum interference, (additions of other costs CRB Ofsted etc) is what leaves me with fond memories and no more bitterness at how I was affected by what I felt was the governments patronising, disrespectful, uninformed, over subscriptive interference in my chosen lifelong profession. ( won't you miss my long sentences? xD:( )

Soapbox finished and without wanting to sound too selfish, I'm glad I'm out of it now.

I applaud all who still work with children trying to maintain what we all know is right for our children, and that is one of the reasons I'm really pleased to keep up my subscription with the forum. To read about, contribute and share all things EY's related is still of immense interest to me, even though I no longer own my setting. You have lots of friends here who will miss you and your experience shown in many of your posts. So, let's hope once the wounds have healed you'll be back to share with us your new job / life.

Look forward to hearing from you :o , and bestest wishes for the future. :(

Peggy

Titian, how very sad & what a loss to parents and children. I wish you every success in your next step & hope you'll pop back here to visit.

Nona

Sorry to hear your news, Titian.

I hope you will be able to put your experience and knowledge to good use - perhaps by encouraging and developing a new generation of Steiner practitioners?

Good luck in all you do - and as Steve says, pop by and see what's happening here from time to time!

Maz

I think I know how you feel Titan. A group I supply to is closing in July too, and the dejected faces last time I was there was sad to see.

Good luck in any new venture :oxD

So sorry to hear your sad news, as someone else said,what a waste of your talent, experience and commitment

Are you still going to work in our sector or go for something completely different? Whatever you choose I wish you lots of luck and happiness.

Posy