Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Weekend, What Are You Up To!

Well the long weekend is upon us, I was wondering what you are all up to.

I am at a children's birthday party on Saturday, a wedding on Sunday and hopefully gardening on Monday. :o

Is anyone up to anything exciting? xD

Sal

We've got friends coming round tonight for a meal and then a session in the hot tub. Other than that not much happening. Hubby is working on Monday so I shall be left at home with kids and no car to go anywhere!

My daughter is a the west riding girls under 13 league football cup final tomorrow .Kick off is 5 so that will keep us busy tomorrow and then hopefully chilling out.

My other daughter is 25 today so I am having my grandson tonight to sleep :o , so ill need the long weekend to recover.

Hope everyone has a nice rest xD

Tomorrow there is a big annual event in town 'Mayday' a procession crowning of the 'may queen' and dancing round the maypole and a big fair on the 'heath'

OH is busy on the farm 'sowing' weather permitting so we may or may not be going to visit friends in cumbria tomo evening til monday depending on him. But if we dont go its assignment fro me too!! :o

Sleep and some paperwork, I am being moderated on the FSp's on Tuesday and the person moderating me is being moderated- still I am not going to moan because my maternity leave starts in four weeks and I am a bit worried I am going to end up feeling at a looose end until our baby shows up :o Have a lovely weekend everyone and enjoy.

Hi All - you all seem to be having a lovely weekend - my daughter is starting GCSE exams - so I guess I am in for a hard weekend - anyway a nice glass of wine this evening will be a welcome, and this evening the sun is shining - what more could we possibly need.

Dot :o

ummmm............................assingments.................uncollected children policy..................shopping for holiday clothes...........sleeping......................and that about it.

Beth

Guest budgie1

I shall be cheering on our local football team so that they win and dont get relegated out of the premier league!!!! :o

I'm camping out in the back garden with 3 of my sons on Saturday - Dad's bottled out and is staying indoors to look after the dogs! Sunday we're off on a fishing trip and on Monday we're going to watch my 9 year old maypole dancing at a local church fete. All of these require a degree of good weather so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sally

I'm off to a scarecrow festival somewhere in Wiltshire tomorrow which is a brilliant event, the kids love it!!

The rest of the weekend will be spent clearing up my muddly house and I must finish my Forest School Assignment at some time!

and there I was thinking of adding a post about 'how many balls do you juggle in your everyday life...' when this one came along instead!

Our church are doing a weekend of social action which means helping practically in the local community, not being a group of people who meet together on a sunday!

Today I went to meet two different people in our village who have asked for help, my job being to do a risk assessment prior to tackling their jobs. The first was an old dear who is disabled and wants her front garden dug over and tidied. I had to close my mind to the horrendous pong in her house which I suspect came from this ancient poodle. Anyway she clearly needed a chat and it transpired having had lovely neighbours for years she now has a young family next door who have demolished her boundary, attached stuff to her wall that she worries about all night long, and unbelievably they chuck their rubbish into her back garden!!! What is wrong with people these days???? Then as she relaxed she became dreadfully emotional and said she was oh so worried that this last remaining dog was ill! When I asked she said she had to get a taxi to the vets if it needed treatment, noone would take her..........

So, my saturday will be spent on helping other people, preparing food for those actually doing the hands on stuff as I've got a food hygiene certificate - there's a surprise, and also on call as the emergency first-aider if needed.

Do you know? its not a chore at all cos I do not want to be one of those people who are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't have time for others, but I know you lot are givers too, not takers!

Preaching to the converted here aren't I?

Having a night off with a drink :o .Up early to catch up on some work then depending on the weather garden or decorating that wasn't finished at Easter xD

then there's ironning, fresh bedding, a vacum and a clean kitchen floor-it would be SO nice to go back to work Tuesday TOTALLY up to date with household duties.

I'm currently at my parents with Eva having a wonderful few days. Hubby is stripping paint off a radiator tomorrow, so wanted us away from the toxins.

Managed to catch up with a few friends, show Eva off to mum's friends and getting mum to help me make some rainbow fish curtains for Eva's room (aren't mums great?!)

Going to an organ recital in Leeds on Monday, which will be very relaxing.

then there's ironning, fresh bedding, a vacum and a clean kitchen floor-it would be SO nice to go back to work Tuesday TOTALLY up to date with household duties.

Pray tell which fantasy land you live in and then I can join you. Even I'm starting to get embaressed with the state of things!

I have no plans for the weekend, but things had better improve on how its started. Im a regular Cinderella tonight, ironing, preparing, taxi-ing, and now I'm sitting here waiting to start the round of collections.

Have a good one everyone :o

Hopefully having a baby! I was due on Monday.

Failing that it will be long dog walks, eating pineapp;e and curry. Anything to get things going!

I just want baby here now!

Good Luck Laura hope s/he doesn't keep you waiting too much longer- I still have a couple of months to wait!! :o

My daughter's 15th birthday today - we're not wanted really, just to drive her to the restaurant where she'll celebrate with her friends and on to a sleepover. I suppose that's what growing up is all about. :o

I've bought new net curtains and will have to wash the windows before I put them up!!! So that's a job for today. That and pressure washing the patio. We have a large patio area so will probably last into tomorrow too. xD

Monday is assignment and study day. My hubby is off to Spain on Tuesday for a ten day bike ride for charity. He's done one every year for many years and he always find somewhere exotic to do it in. Anyway if there's anything I need doing in the garden this weekend is the only time I can get him to do it.

Aren't we sad - what looks like a beautiful weekend and what do the most of us do.............housework or study!!!!!!!! VERY SAD!!! :(

Good luck to you Laura hope everything goes as expected for the birth of your baby!! :(

Study, look after the children and horses and dogs and feel more tired than I have ever been in my life. :(

People say to me 'How do you do it all?" My answer at the moment is "NOT VERY WELL" - wish I had more family support, but then I am not very good at accepting help when it is given, I am ridiculously independent to the point of cut-of-my-nose-to spite-my face - sorry to be gloomy, life seems particularly hard at the moment.

Here's my brave face to put on it, :oxD (it masks the tears inside!!)

Oh shirel, have a virtual hug from me.

I'm just that sort of person. Doesnt matter whats going on my response is always 'I'm fine'.

Why do we do it? :o

Have as good a weekend as you can. And start delegating. xD

Thanks you two, just spent an hour mucking out and came in for a cup of tea, (just clicked on - like you do) it is lovely to have the virtual support here, feel better already, better get on with it. thanks again, really means a lot. :oxD:(

I have so much to be gratfeul for, and am very lucky with my healthy and happy family. I always feel a pang of guilt for moaning about being tired when I have a very nice life, and a life I chose.

Edited by Guest

Perhaps this could be the answer to the household chores???

www.its-ecological.com

Have a go - you could win a house clean, you never know!