Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Booked My Holiday

Have been back at work for two weeks now, having had our easter break earlier than most.

The last two weeks I have been feeling absolutely Kn*****ed and wanting to come home and sleep in the afternoons. (pre-school open AM only). All staff feel the same. :(

I think its because we have started doing the 3 hours. :o

Anyway yesterday I booked my summer holiday - we are going to Turkey in a 5* all inclusive hotel. Can't wait. We go the weekend the kids breakup from school (11th July) and stay for two weeks. xD

We have always been self catering, but I thought what the hell, lets push the boat out a bit. Went to Turkey last year and really loved it. Going to a different part this time.

Whats anyone else doing?

Guest Wolfie

Sounds great - some friends of ours did exactly the same last year and are still talking about it! Nothing booked here, we're always last minute people! My OH went to Bucharest with work last week and has come back saying we need to go for a long weekend so maybe that'll be part of the plan...I'd like a few more days somewhere else too though! :o

Not booked summer holidays but we are going to Bude the second week of the half term holidays in May. Looking forward to walks on the beach with our dog and just generally chilling!!

Linda

We're off to the South of France, staying one week with friends and the second week in a holiday home on a park courtsey of my tesco vouchers which I've been saving for yonks.

When we get home I've just enough time to wash a few clothes before I jet off for a longgggggggggg weekend in Dublin (hubby & kids get to stay at home) with my family. Can't wait!! :o

No holiday for us this year.....moving house so that has taken quite a bit of our savings!!!!!!

Went to Turkey last year and it was very nice.

Guest budgie1

We are taking my parents in law to Austria in May, as a surprise 70th birthday present. They have never been abroad before so it will be an experience. Only hope the shock doesnt give either of them a heart attack!!!! :o

due to illness our last holiday was cancelled so we have rebooked this year and will be in New Zealand for Christmas....5 weeks..and 3 days in LA....

Fingers crossed..touch wood...

Before then a long weekend or two perhaps,

Inge

oww that sounds good Inge..

we have just returned from a week in Cyprus seeing my mum and dad - back there for oct half term - so hubbys booked us on 2 week narrow boat in Aug to get his own back :oxD:(

Next weekend we'll be in Newquay with the rugby team. Fun and games no doubt!

We're going to Bude in July. We've got a house booked right on the canalside overlooking the beach. Cant wait.

:o

We usually borrow the mother-in-laws narrow boat for a couple of weeks, can't use it this year as rhe as bought a new one and even though it's bigger it's only 2-berth!! I guess we'll have to sav up for our own. Other than that I haven't gone away for years. My hubby doesn't do sun, so I'm trying to talk him into a skiing holiday.

Rea - hope you enjoy Newquay. I lived there as a teen, I hope to get back there at some point. If you get a chance there are some fab cliff top walks and really picturesque places if you go out of the town. Crantock is lovely, as is Porth and if you like woods and villages, St Mawgan is lovely and has a beautiful woodland walk by the river.

Whatever everyone's are I hope they are all good fun.

Sal

Aww .. I grew up in Devon (left the day after my 21st birthday) and my Dad was from Newquay, so this thread is making me feel very nostalgic. While my kids were little we spent weeks of every summer holiday in South Devon ( as this was free was brilliant cost effective way to spend long summer hols!) unfortunately now, my parents are no longer around so we still try and go once a year as family and friends to visit, however it's not so simple just to turn up and leave when we please. We will probably try and go for a week in the summer hols this year. We have week in Paris toward the end of June as its my 40th birthday and need to escape country in case too many people find out how old I am!! Tee hee!! Ann x

Sunny Walton on the Naze for me (Essex coast). Been going since I was 5 and can't wait. Although my baby will be 10 months, so am wondering how much sand she will eat!!!

Forgot to say not until end of July.

Long time since i heard of Walton on the Naze...spent many a sunny day there as a child and teen, along with Southend...loved the pier as a child..and Peter Pans playground...and the Golden Hind.....Autumn lighted gardens.... it has changed so much now..

Nostalgia for me too Ann

Inge

Back garden for us again - no money, no holiday, but very happy all the same. My children have not really experienced more than 5 days away from home for a holiday and consequently they know no different, they seem to be like me happy just be at home and have a break from routine sometimes.

We didn't go away last year but we are able to go this year! Yay! Last one probably for a long time though.

We're going in the last week of August to Croatia, can't wait!

Have lots of breaks planned, we have a touring caravan. Had a long weekend in Norfolk lastw week, but it was more like a hospital as we were both really 'colded-up', hey, ho!

Having our usual fortnight in South Cornwall (bliss!! honorary natives!!), also week in Devon, weekend (long) in Brecon Beacons and North Yorks, as well as various Peak district weekends.

Oh, and week in September on a working hol helping daughter and son-in-law do up their house in Brittany - it's going to be so great when it's finally finished ......... I believe there's running water this time :o

Sue

Guest Wolfie

No I didn't mean you'd said the wrong canal...just that it won't be the canal that runs through my village!! I was looking forward to watching you manoeuvering through the lock!! :o

No I didn't mean you'd said the wrong canal...just that it won't be the canal that runs through my village!! I was looking forward to watching you manoeuvering through the lock!! :o

And how would you recognise her? Probably by glass of wine in her hand!

We're thinking about buying a touring caravan Our boys are 4 and 6 and our tent is getting too small, thought we'd progress to the next step and get a caravan while they're still young.

I remember caravanning with such fond memories, listening to Buddy Holly in the evening, Basil Brush in the daytime, having sleeping bag fights with my brother and sister and arguing about who slept where!!!

We thought we could then have lots of long weekend breaks over the summer rather than one long holiday that seems to work better with our kids.

Interesting to read the posts about holidays near Southend as that is where my in-laws live and we could visit them next time we're over.

Lucky lot! usually go away for 2 weeks every year, but this year we have major house improvement need to be done but financially it would be cheaper to go away! but might just take days out or maybe camp out in our tent for couple nights :o

some friends have been trying to get me and my 4 kids camping with them on isle of mull for two years now

me not being very outdoory etc only love being outdoor when there is sand and a book in my hand finally agreed this year when i heard camp site owners have bought a caravan kids camping me caravaning bet they all want to sneak in at nigh when the midges come out lol