Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Accident Books

Verona

In the past I have had Accident/Incident books from the PLA when I was a member. When I cancelled my membership I got hold of a pack from Chancellor Formecon Ltd that included an A4 sized pad on which to write accidents or incidents. I will be coming to the end of the pad soon and need to get something to write any accidents at Pre-school in. I prefer one page for each accident - can anyone help me please? What do you use?

Sue J

Hi Sue

We just use a book with carbon. We used to have the ones from Playgroup Network that were good, but I haven't had chance to order any for a while.

Linda

If you liked the PLA one I think you can still order from them even if you are not a member - but it might have changed. We use theirs because they have one accident per page so it helps for confidentiality and finding them again if you need to refer back.

I make my own - store them in an A4 ring binder with a numbered index so each child has their own section. Mrs Ofsted seemed happy enough!

Has anyone put theirs up in the resources section?

Maz

We have 3 pocket files, the first with how to fill in the accident form, the second is full of blank forms and the third has a front cover saying that the contents are confidential and we slide the filled in forms behind this.

Dx

Hi denisse

Do you not give a copy of the accident form to the parent/carer when they collect the child? That was why I asked if you used two forms or just a blank sheet with carbon paper. We use a carbon receipt book so that we can give a copy to whoever collects the child.

Linda

I've been told that come September all accident forms must contain a 'body map' ........... well I'm to tired/lstressed/lazy (supposed to working on assignment, but far to easily distracted!) to look this up at the moment, anyone know if that's correct or not?

xxx

Guest MaryEMac

We use an accident/incident sheet that we were given by our first aid tutor. It is A4 sized and has a tear off piece at the bottom which we give to parents and the top half we put in a ring binder. The tear off piece has information about what to look for if the child has had a head injury on the back of it.

Mary

Thanks for your replies. I might try the PLA if the accident reports are on separate pages. I'll give them a ring to see if they will let me buy one, even though I'm not a member now. If not then I'll use one of the templates you have posted - THANKS A LOT :o

Sue J

Thanks for your replies. I might try the PLA if the accident reports are on separate pages. I'll give them a ring to see if they will let me buy one, even though I'm not a member now. If not then I'll use one of the templates you have posted - THANKS A LOT :o

Sue J

Most PLA things can be bought y none members for a little extra cost.

Guest peekleeds

Hi in our pre-school group we use one we designed which had a body map on it. However at a recent Ofsted inspection at one of our settings we were also asked to include a room plan to show where the child was and the proximity of the staff.

we use the PLA accident record book now which parents have to sign when an accident is recorded.

we used to used our own but ofsted didn't like it as pages could be removed or lost!

it has made me think that i should produce an extra slip for the parent/carer to take away though as its not always the same carer picking up the children and you have to rely on them passing on accident information

• 2 weeks later...

If you use the PLA Accident/Incident book, could you let me know whether there is one page per "accident". In the old one (years and years ago) the accidents were listed down the page - parents signing could see other accidents/incidents that had occurred. I emailed the PLA on 21 April asking them how the book was set out and still have not had a reply. Thanks

Sue J

Sue, I have adapted the PLA one like someone else who replied above. I photocopy about 50 at a time, print off a cover and back cover, laminate them and then use a ringbinder to make them into a book. It is definitely one accident per page and you just flip it over ready for the next one! (Makes it sound like it happens all the time, it doesn't!!)

Hope this helps.

Found the website for PLA publications too:

http://www.pre-school.org.uk/shop/catalog/...;products_id=58

Accident_Record_Form_2.doc

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)