Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well, Did The Earth Move For You Too?

dublinbay

Just about to get into bed last night/this morning when the earth moved. :(:o

I thought Santa was here too late/early............the chimney had fallen down............a train was running on the wrong type of track???!!!..............light aircraft??..............and so on. Who said adults don't have good imaginations! xD

Hope no one suffered any major damage to their person especially but also to property. :(

I don't DO excitement at 12.50am!

It was a tad scary as I was asleep, but once i was nearly half awake I knew what it was, and thought typical waking me up like that when I've an important day tomrrow!! After which I had to check the house, the garden, the house again, the pond, the fish, the house again, (typical being home alone this time..).

It moved for me here in Wigan. It woke me up and my first thought was earthquake, but my hubby said it was the cat jumping off the bed. A slight disagreement ensued and I thought that my imagination was working overtime. xD Of course i now feel very smug :o

Hiya - I live about 30 miles from Market Rasen - the epicentre - we thought our central heating was blowing up! Whole house shook for about 30 seconds- needless to say 4 year old daughter wide awake for half an hour afterwards!

What an odd experience!

I felt it wasnt sure what it was thought, it was a bit scarry mainly being in on my own and not knowing what it was. I was wondering if there had been an explosion or something.glad when i got up this morning to find im not imagining things.

We were about the same, Janine. Fortunately no structural damage but people reporting pictures falling from the wall etc. The noise was probably more scary than the shaking in a way. I think the worse thing was waking from a deep sleep - people thought there'd been an explosion etc initially. I think we're all suffering from shortage of sleep today so I hope the kids are kind to us!

Well firstly the pet budgie made a lot of noise, then the cupboard door in my bedroom started swing backwards and forwards, and my bed. I ended up getting mys sore foot stuck in my covers, so I was half awake at the time. I did sprain my left ankle on monday and it is painful. :o

My mum though that my dad was having an epliptic (sp) fit when the bed moved. xD Well dad sleep though it and only found out by watching the telly this morning. :(

Heard about it on the radio this morning and both me and hubby said - oh there must have been an earthquake somewhere, I wonder where it was!

Didn't feel a thing, although THREE very large glasses of wine last night could have had something to do with it!!!!!! :o

Hope everyone came out of it unhurt and without too much damage to property.

I seem too have slept through all the excitment. Not sure how as I usually wake up if either of the children so much as hiccup in the night! :o

Hope no one has been to badly affected, either themselves or property.

Sal!

Jacqui..lol i heard it (thought it was thunder - but it did feel a bit odd) i sat bolt upright in bed! cat happened to walk out of bedroom when i woke hubby to ask him and what did he say 'must have been the cat jumping off the bed'!!!!!! xD - wait till he gets home :o

I was soooo scared the noise before the bed started shaking was terrible.

I had woke a few minutes before it started. I darent get out of the bed for 5 mins and then got up and stayed up all night.

my hubby said it will just be a tremor and went back to sleep.My imagination works great :o

I had potergeists, gas explosion ( we had no gas all weekend as the water board had fractured a pipe so this wasnt too far fetched), then it was a warning of something bad going to happen. anyway when I went down and put the telly on it came up as breaking news.Even when I knew it was a earth quake and not a poltergeise I still couldnt go back to bed .

Am so tired and now got to go out to visit my Mum in hospital, this will take 2 1/2 hours untill i get home anyway glad no one was seriously hurt.

Yes, the earth moved for me last night, but not my husband! He did take me seriously and go outside with the torch when i woke him. We did catch a mouse in the attic last week, he presumed it was another mouse scuttering along, It must have been a bloody huge one then i replied! LOL :oxD

Jacqui..lol i heard it

I actually had an early night last night hali (don't fancy my chances for tonight though - methodology and all that). Didn't hear a thing. Apart from youngest son talking in his sleep :o

Maz

Slept right through it, unlike anybody else in our vicinity - came down this morning to find all the books out of the bookcase on the floor! I didn't know why until I heard the news!

I went to my weight watchers meeting and was talking to some of the people I have got to know. One sleep thought it, one sat upright and said to hubby 'its an earthquake go back to sleep!' and the third person said it made her jump when the doors slamed. I think I heard someone else say they were thrown out of bed or something of that discription very noisy in class tonight.

Hali it must be a very very very large cat indeed! :oxD

Beth

I was so scared, woke to the bed shaking.... at first thought i was dreaming then as bottles fell of my bedside cabinet i realised i wasn't dreaming.... it was a very odd experience.

Dawn