Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Caf

Even if they eradicate all security risks, theres still human error. How many discs have been lost recently with personal data on?

I havent read the report either but it doesnt sound like a good idea at all :o

i've just done my information sharing, here in hampshire the CAF awareness is done on-line and then the completer is a day course.

as far as i'm aware you need to have 2 staff CAF trained per setting(but that might be just hants). i think basically it should be the child protection officer and SENCO.

We were told that in Berkshire settings were allowed three members of staff to have access to ContactPoint - I had to confirm that we are all CRB checked, have internet access and were willing to use home computers to access the database. Someone was going to contact me in September to take my contact details and those of my nominated staff. I'm still waiting for a call...

Maz

One of the things that occurred to me is what's to stop registered people with access to ContactPoint abusing the system and just having a "quick check" on a family that they know, with no valid professional reason for looking at the data?

Sorry to reply to myself (nothing differen there then!) but I've just been tidying up my email folders... Here is the link to an article about the possible security and other difficulties which have been highlighted...

http://www.cypnow.co.uk/bulletins/Daily-Bu...C-DailyBulletin

It all sounds a bit bleak - but I would hate to comment too much because obviously I haven't read the report the article is about...

Maz

Thanks Maz for the link. Further to another post I asked you about subscription to cypnow, I found the free bulleting sign up and am now duly registered for them. :o

Peggy

We were told that in Berkshire settings were allowed three members of staff to have access to ContactPoint - I had to confirm that we are all CRB checked, have internet access and were willing to use home computers to access the database. Someone was going to contact me in September to take my contact details and those of my nominated staff. I'm still waiting for a call...

Maz

Hmmmm, home computers, how does this sit with security, confidentiality etc I wonder.

Peggy

Thanks Maz for the link. Further to another post I asked you about subscription to cypnow, Peggy

Oops was this recently Peggy - must have missed that! Been writing my research methodology chapter, don't you know :o

Glad you're sorted now though!

Maz

• 1 year later...

Ive just done Level 1- CAF and LP Awareness training module online.

I typed ISA training management into google and did the first one, which was Lancashire.

It is 10 very easy questions and took less than 5minutes.

Level 2 is also online but you need a passcode and password which settings should have.

Then the next levels are face to face.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)