Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where To Buy Decent, Durable Furniture For New Preschool

Great minds...

Being a 'pack away at the end of the day' preschool I can't use their furniture, but I did buy a set of mini hollow blocks last year at an exhibition. Although their catalogue said it would take six weeks to deliver, they rang me within three days to ask when we would be in so the courier could deliver.

They were very efficient, friendly and helpful. If I could afford it I'd buy from them every time!

Maz

They are genuinely lovely people - they invited Helen and me up to look around when they found the FSF about three years ago. They live in a quite wonderful community, which if you take advantage of their free room layout service you can visit to discuss your requirements with them (Roberstbridge in East Sussex).

In case that sounds like a promotion I'd like to hastily say that we have no commercial dealings with them. I just think they're great. Expensive, but in their case I'd say you get what you pay for. :o

I agree with all the above. We have two large pieces of furniture from them, a cupboard where we store all our plates and cups, and things for snack which makes everything so easy for the children to reach. But our best buy was their "Help yourself" creative trolley. We just fill it full of paper, bits for collage, pens, glue etc. and the children just do exactly what it says-help themselves. If you can afford one I would highly recommend it-and of course our OFSTED inspector loved it!!

Linda

i agree community playthings seem expensive but for the durability of their products they are actually good value for money in the long run and so beautifully made too x

you will never buy better equipment if you buy Community Playthings...........I am slowly changing over to their stuff (as budget allows) and the tables have detachable legs so they can then be stacked if we need to pack away.Their chairs are stackable too, so that's a good start for you.Yes, horribly expensive, but so is other equipment which doesn't last and isn't so well, or so beautifully made.I have trucks, lorries, blocks, petrol pumps from CP which are all over 30 years old and look like they were made yesterday.In fact, I telephoned CP to ask about a spare part for one of them and the lady I spoke to asked me to send them some photographs for their 'museum'...............and she recalled being photographed playing with the petrol pumps (and she told me they haven't made them for at least 25 years!!) .They are incredibly efficient about delivering and the packaging is amazingly sturdy...........our children love CP boxes as they get to play with them for days until they have destroyed them!So, contact them for 'roomscape' advice, or cd roms etc(free!) and make a huge list for your grant.Good luck!

PS.................did I mention how good Community Playthings equipment is?? :o

We bought several items from Early years direct

Very good quality furniture only downside is that some items are self assembly, but took me 10 mins to put together their bookcase and it is excellent. Being a tidy away daily place limits us but ours is on castor and very easy to move.. we also have thier easel which we is also avasilable on castors, if you ask!

delivery was very fast , 48 hours and well packed etc.

They are always very helpful on the phone too.

Inge

Has to be Community Playthings. We have their kitchen, sand pit and water tray. Have also just bought a round table with adjustable height legs. Ordered about 3 pm one day, arrived the next day. Small problem with the wrong legs being sent, very quickly resolved without question. Looks nice, very durable and good design, not too gimicky.

Couple of years ago, bought a GALT computer workstation, one part kept falling off. So would not recommend them on this one experience.

I have to say I really covet one of their help yourself creative trolleys, they look great. Have to save our pennies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)