Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Equivalency Testing?

Shock...Horror...! I knew if I wanted to progress I would have to get equivalent of GCSE in English and Maths..but Biology as well ? I only know about the birds and the bees :o

Seriously though, how many hoops do we have to continue to jump through in order to prove ourselves worthy xD

Seriously though, how many hoops do we have to continue to jump through in order to prove ourselves worthy sad.gif

Tell me about it! It's the science holding me back now, despite maths being my weaker subject. I've got another test booked for next week just incase I've failed the last one. I'm exhausted from full-time work and revision all the time.

Does anyone know of any good science revision books/sites that will help me? I used GCSE bitesize but not a thing came in the test. It's a higher level paper and unless I do some serious revision I'm not going to pass.

I went through equivalency testing: http://www.equivalencytesting.com/

For Biology I used a number of resources:

- http://www.s-cool.co.uk/gcse/biology.html

I even googled some websites for biology revision notes.

Also, ordered a few books from amazon:

- GCSE Biology in a week which includes a podcast you can download in mp3 format.

- The Letts GCSE Biology book is quite good too.

Perhaps I should have chosen the biology paper instead of the single science! I got maths results today, I passed. :oxD:( Just science left now. Thank you for the website.

Congratulations!!! :-) I don't think I would do too good with maths!

But I need to become confident with it all-as I am applying for QTS

No HappyMaz not celebrating, revising! Got a science exam next week. AGAIN!!

sunshine9682, maths was actually my weaker subject not science...I'm sure you'll be fine. I found Conquer Maths useful and I think that might be how I passed!

Good luck with the Maths

x

I'm sure you will Jester. Good luck with it, maths is my weaker subject but using Conquer Maths really helped me when revising. Let us know how you get on. xD

Thanks, I will check out conquer maths. I am going to do the Learn Direct level 2 course to get my confidence with maths back up then I will do ET again after that.

I passed Science! It was the only thing holding me back. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo happy :(:(:( KEEP GOING all of you out there who are trying to achieve something.

Woohoo! well done you! :o

Edited by Jester

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)