Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Shopping

Rea

I've been out for 5 hours and bought 3 books, which I could just as well have bought from amazon. I was desperate to start my shopping though and thought something would be better than nothing. Also bought a nail file.

What a rubbish day, and tomorrow I'm doing it all again with hubby in tow, so we'll stop for breakfast, shop, stop for coffee and cake, shop, stop for lunch...

Thank goodness its only the end of November otherwise I'd start to be worried!! :o

I get as much of my shopping as I can in the week after Oct half-term. I make my hubby have a day off work and we hit the Metro Centre (newcastle). Usually this works really well and we get everything in one swoop. This year it was a real struggle though. Still have lots to get and no time in which to get it! Oh well it'll be alright on the night (as they say).

Sal

xD:(:(

I did some last week, felt so exhausted I treated myself to a really lovely underwear set - when I looked at them last night, top is 34B (right!) bottom is size 18 (WRONG!!)

Now I've got to go back to change it!! :( or is that :o

Sue

I've done a fair bit and a lot online. I am really stumped for my daughter-in-law though. she is early 30's. Very outdoor type and dresses casually- isn't really a jewelry sort. Last year I got her lovely undies and a breadmaker (which they both wanted).Year before I bought her a Radley bag. I get her clothes for her birthday when we go shopping together. Any ideas what I could get her this year. So hard :o

I've done a fair bit and a lot online. I am really stumped for my daughter-in-law though. she is early 30's. Very outdoor type and dresses casually- isn't really a jewelry sort. Last year I got her lovely undies and a breadmaker (which they both wanted).Year before I bought her a Radley bag. I get her clothes for her birthday when we go shopping together. Any ideas what I could get her this year. So hard :o

And a little radley purse to go with the bag - the girls at work brought me one as a congratulations present for finishing my Foundation Degree - its the only designer label I own!

Maz

I've been doing bits & bobs since half term. I stash them under my bed and when I think I have everything I get them all out and have another good look before I wrap.

I have been successful on Amazon tonight buying an new ipod nano and a protective case to go with it. The most amazing thing was that Amazon (well, the website!!) said I had a £25 gift token to use up! What?????? Haven't a clue where that came from but I did not refuse. Well pleased with myself, I was!

Back for more tomorrow!

:o keep putting it off!!!!!have few bits but have decided to go into town in the morning.....early xD and get it done out of the way.....shopping is not my most enjoyed activity!!!!!

Guest MaryEMac

I have got most things already except the other half's. He normally shops very close to Christmas but I am making him go tomorrow because he will be working in Russia from the 16th to the 23rd. I don't want to risk not getting a present so I have written a wish list for him to choose from. :o

Mary

All done. Only fell out once too. Hubby decided we wouldnt go into any shop if we didnt know what we wanted from it, so how could I know what I wanted? :o

Off to start wrting cards now, ready to lose like last year! xD

Oh, you do that, too!! :o

My cards never get posted or given out, always seem to 'put them somewhere safe' if I do them too early :( Hmmm, now there's an idea, I'll just go and find last years stash of cards and get some stamps pronto. xD

As for pressies, we have 4 birthdays in December to do first so I always do my Christmas shopping on Christmas eve, I start at one end of our 1 mile high street, walk the whole length, get prezzies, hop in a taxi and go home. :( Most things half price and I always buy myself a new outfit for the xmas parties. I've done this routine since I got my first wage packet ?????years ago. :(

I did buy early once but either lost the presents or forgot who I had bought for and doubled up on some gifts. All in one swoop, that's my motto.

Peggy

I don't usually start our Christmas shopping until after Pre-school has broken up !!! This year (for some unknown and perhaps silly reason) I decided to finish in line with schools on the 21st.

So that means -----I don't have anytime to shop :o:(xD Well, weekends perhaps along with everyone else.

Sue J

Oh dear I'm really late starting my Christmas shopping this year. I went out on Saturday and picked up one gift!!! Nothing inspired me. I'll need to go out next weekend and really get to grips with it.

I have written the cards though and they are already to go in the post.

I think my problem is that my birthday is just before Chrismas, so I don't want to think about the 25th until after my birthday! :o