Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Hate Referencing!

pickle

Hi everyone - am hoping for some of your expert advice.

I'm halfway through the first year of a degree in Early Childhood studies ( feels like longer!)

and feel that referencing is the bane of my life.

I read Clare's recent post with interest and I too have become more organised with this. I have a file with headings, under which I put my references, details of author and all other info.

This is a great help but I still seem to manage to make annoying mistakes on references within my assignments.

As I'm distance learning it often takes a little while for my tutor to get back to me and so I wondered if anyone had any miracle ideas to allow it to all sink in??

As I'm distance learning it often takes a little while for my tutor to get back to me and so I wondered if anyone had any miracle ideas to allow it to all sink in??

I just cut and paste from an assignment where I know the harvard reference is correct - and then fill in the correct details for whichever book I want to add. That way I can be sure its all in the right order!

Maz

the harvard referencing system is what many universities use to ensure all students reference in the same way.

my uni is really good, we have all been issued with a guide which tells us how to reference everything from books, to websites, to magazines. Im in my third year now - it does get easier, trust me. If you need any help, just ask!

lucie x

Yes its a pain and it took me ages to do it without thinking about it - I always create my bibliography, webligrophy and referencing page as I start my assignemnt - even if you cannot be bothered to reference it straight away - make sure you write the author/page straight away in the text - at least you can go back to it and write it correctly. I have had to take some bits out cos I couldn't remember where I got it from. I also write in all my books etc that I have first used and keep a crib list by my side too - found it easier to slot in when I am writing. I actually have trained myself now - it may not be quite right to start off in the main body but at least I know where I got it from and can go back to it when it is all coming together - good luck

Nikki

• 1 year later...

Try www.Neilstoolbox.com A free harvard-style reference generator tool. Just pop in the author, title, etc and out pops your Harvard-style reference ready to include in your essay

Try www.Neilstoolbox.com A free harvard-style reference generator tool. Just pop in the author, title, etc and out pops your Harvard-style reference ready to include in your essay

Wow I wish I'd known that one when I was doing my FDEY!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)