Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Is Going On?

Apologies for the invasion and thanks for the warnings all of you.

Sorry the Forum was offline for an hour but I wanted to make sure I had found their way in - hopefully we're sealed up again now.

I'm afraid it was probably my fault - not entirely sure, but it looks like I left a place open for the bandits to get in. The FSF moderators will tell you that I spend a fair amount of my time worrying about automated spammers and other shadows of the internet night, and it seems they found a weakness tonight. Hope it won't happen again, and apologies for the offence it must have caused.

Oh goodness Steve please don't blame yourself!

You do THE MOST AMAZING JOB and I know I am rather bad at remembering to acknowledge all you do or thank you (and all the others behind the scenes!) from time to time. Thank you for acting sooo quickly and getting rid of the unwanted offensive posts.

Edited by Geraldine

No problem Steve and thanks for sorting it out as soon as you could. As we all know some people have no manners and think this type of thing is amusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Glad it all got sorted out- no I went to bed fairly early last night. ( Bad day) Poor Steve, who spends a huge amount of time dealing with hackers and spammers to keep us all safe inside. No wonder he chose Gandalf. I hope you got some sleep Steve?

Thanks Steve :o

Thanks all. Didn't take too long to work out what was going on, so I did get to bed at a reasonable hour!

I have to admit I was a bit nervous when I logged in this morning though, just in case I'd got it wrong! Happily it looks like they've gone off to bother some other poor old community. :o