Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Double Fed Up!

Rea

I went over my overdraft by 26p for one day and got charged £30 last month.

I put it down to experience and vowed never to do it again. :(

Guess what? Today I went over the limit again, by £3.28, partly because I was skint from last month and party because the lads DD for their online game went out too.

Another £30 charge looming. :oxD

Please can we have a swearing, ranting smiley here??????

I had that a few months ago so I raided my son's change jar and paid in £30 in 2p's and 1p's. (Took me 2 trips to carry it in).

With an authorised overdraft we only pay any interest for the time overdrawn...

1 day is usually not charged or if it is its only a couple of pence...

only need an overdraft limit of £50.00 to cope with these occasional slip ups. (usually last few days before being paid!)

May be worth investigating.

Inge

Guest Wolfie

Rea, is it not worth giving your bank a ring and explaining the situation? It's never failed when my husband's done it xD:o:( And my eighteen year old son also went over by £2 by mistake the other month and he got reimbursed when he rang up and had a chat! At the end of the day, banks these days know that they have got a lot of competition and that customers are aware that they can take their business elsewhere much more easily than they used to!

That's what I usually do, as well.

Although the time our bank paid our mortgage twice in one month, two months in succession we didn't 'chat'! We also didn't stay!! At the time they were known as 'The Listening Bank' - wonder what they were listening to???? the sound of cheques bouncing??

Sue

ditto, I always rang my bank and got the charge stopped. Did it for my son as well. Worth a try. There has been a lot of negative media against banks for extortionate charges so they are quite sensitive to customers issues right now.

Good luck. if not, are stamps legal tender? I'd buy 300 1p stamps and hand them in (hee hee)

Peggy

Rea, there's been a fair amount in the news about excessive charges for small transgressions in the news lately, with some suggestions that there might be legislation to stop it. There are also some legal firms setting up that will challenge the fee for you, although they're coming in for some stick for their dubious practices.

I would certainly call or write to complain as they're probably well aware of the full and a bit sensitive about it. Could save you all or part of your £60 - then you could buy a big box of Quality Street and share it with us! :o

With our bank we have an agreed credit amount/overdraft, should we go overdrawn for a day or two so it's not usually a big amount like £30 which is daylight robbery! Ring the bank to find a solution, I'm sure there is another way (sounds like a slogan!).

May be worth a try for refunds lots of banks have done it

following have letter templates and how to go about it

how to challenge bank charges

reclaim bank charges,

BUT be aware

recently a court case upheld the banks right to the charges being lawful so it may be harder than it used to be to get refunds.

bank charges upheld

Inge

I tried to phone the bank. I keyed in my account number, sort code and then had to put the phone down when I was asked for my security code. Did I know I had one :o

So on the way home from work I went to the bank and explained that due to a DD going out 4 dayus later than usual I had been forced to go above my limit. It was a very dubius claim but it worked.....

THE QUALITY STREET ARE ON ME

post-3139-1180033408_thumb.jpg

Guest Wolfie

Well I like the chewy toffee pennies but I've got a dodgy filling at the moment so I'll share them this time......... :oxD

Edited by Wolfie