Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Some Sympathy Please :(

Just wanted some sympathy - am off work having got flu and managed to faint in queue in post office on Tuesday smashing my face up - cutting my lip to shreds, ripped skin on face and pushed teeth into my mouth. Was taken to A&E by ambulance and stitched up then another A&E and teeth splinted. Very swollen - can only drink through straw and eat tiny pieces of food by posting them into my mouth. Can't believe I've done it : ( Getting married in 2 months and hope it's going to heal cos at the moment I look hideous :o

Feeling real sympathy for you. I remember having flu so bad once I ended up in hospital being tested for meningitis. I remember being taken out of my bed as I had such a temperature and sweated the bed out. I blacked out apparently and slid down the wall. Luckily for me that was all I did but it was still scary. When people say they have the flu sometimes they really only have a bad cold. I do hope you heal quickly. Be kind to yourself.

Oh Gosh, poor you! You must be feeling rotten. I'm sure you'll soon feel better and your face will heal. Hope your other half is spoiling you!

Oh your poor thing how dreadful, but you will be fine for your wedding. Your body will heal itself quickly, but remember flu can be really nasty and you will need time to get over it and build your strength up so don't do too much too soon.

What a very awful bout of flu to have made you feel so poorly Puzzles! I am so sorry that you have had such an awful time.

Faces heal very quickly because there is such a good blood supply to this area, so although you may feel you look dreadful now, all will be well for your very special day.

Meanwhile,be pampered! You deserve it!

Lynn

How awful for you.

I am glad you got to A & E safely.

Look after yourself and I hope you start to feel better soon. I am sure that you will be much better before your wedding, so try not to worry.

Once you are a bit less sore I think arnica cream will help the buising and I think Vitamin E oil can help heal scar tissue and help if fade. I think you will need to stay out of the sun too as the new skin can burn very easily. Perhaps someone out there is more of an authority on this than me?

I really hope you feel better soon.

God bless.

Oh you poor thing. I hope your nearest and dearest are taking care of you - as others have said you need to take plenty of time and make sure you recover properly. I know the temptation only too well to get up and do stuff because you think you're feeling better.

Take it slowly and get well soon.

Maz

Once you are a bit less sore I think arnica cream will help the buising and I think Vitamin E oil can help heal scar tissue and help if fade. I think you will need to stay out of the sun too as the new skin can burn very easily. Perhaps someone out there is more of an authority on this than me?

I really hope you feel better soon.

God bless.

Yes, arnica is great for healing - definately worth getting some pills or cream if you can. (I took it after childbirth!)

My goodness, poor you..sending lots of healing thoughts and sympathy. But if it were me, I'd look on the bright side and think well at least I'll probably loose a few pounds..... :o You will look beautiful for your wedding - brides always do.

Good luck

sam

MY great aunt was run over years ago. The colour change over the weeks of the bruising on her face covered the whole spectrum, so I can sympathise with how you feel.

Take care, be assured the bruising will fade and in no time you'll be feeling wonderful. :oxD

Thanks everyone. Face is feeling better - scabs are getting ready to be picked but am so far resisting it. Thanks for the suggestion of bio-oil - I will try and get hold of that and am already using arnica. Trouble is am still feeling fluey - got a docs appointment tomorrow. Want to go back to work but couldn't cope with work if you see what I mean :o Never had more than 1 day off sick before so very strange not being there.

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell, vaseline intesive care is good for scabs, helps to stop them from splitting but enables the healing process. ( I use it for cold sores).

My hubby had a really bad bout of flue, took two weeks before he could walk without feeling giddy. Please make sure you recover fully before returning for work, hubby didn't and he was back in bed after a few days, it really knocked him for six. ( like you never taken time off).

Relaxing is something we find so hard to do but your bosy has told you it needs it. Some pampering massages may not get rid of the flue but may make you feel better. xD

Get some visoe's of your favourite films because day time TV will send you insane. :(:o

Healing hugs, ( sorry but glad they are virtual, don't want to get flue myself ) :(:(

Peggy