Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Upgrade - Feedback Here!

Steve

I do really love this site and I don't much care what you do to it because it's just fabulous and a real life-saver BUT I don't really like the way that people can now see if you've read their profiles. I do quite often read people's profiles because it's nice to know a bit about them or look at their school websites etc. However, I've only felt able to do that because it's been anonymous. I'd feel too frightened to do it now: I'd worry that people would think I was a stalker or something! I also agree with Rea about feeling like Billy-no-mates if no-one's viewed your profile or chosen you as a friend. It's a bit like being picked last for P.E. :o Do you think it might make people feel a little bit left out or isolated? This forum has always done such a wonderful job of making everyone feel equally valued and important...Just a thought :).

Hey, Moose,

I'll probably be Billy no mates soon! I can't figure out how to add friends - I must have known once, as I've got some, but can't sort it now! I keep getting messages to say people have added me - they'll start chopping me off if I can't respond in kind soon!

:o

Sue

Can we have the smiley face back on the first group of smilies please? You can get rid of the top middle one if you like, I dont know what it is :o

The smileys which aren't on the left hand screen are on the dropdown box above Rea, but I'll see about putting the two most common smileys on the first screen. :)

we are running version 2.0.0.3 and most of the top line does not work nor does some of the second, and still no attachments box . Checked site and that is the version currently available, unless I missed something.

Ok Inge, thanks - I'll see what I can do about this. It's strange because I'm not getting any of these effects. As a matter of interest, are you using XP or Vista (or any other OS)?

[*]What is a spoiler in the Quick Access box?

I can't see the spoiler is going to be regularly useful here, but it's quite smart. If you want to say something in a post but want to give others the option not to look at it - eg if you've seen a film that others are talking about and want to mention something you thought was really good, but don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, you put the comment in as a spoiler. It then comes out as a solid black box, but if someone drags their mouse across the box it shows up the text. I quite like this, although I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to use it! xD

I dont know if its something i can do but i have this as my homepage and unfortunatly i have to log in everytime now. :(

Andrea - sorry to hear this. I don't know how many others are having to log in every time? It will have something to do with the security settings on your pc. The log in system has changed to improve security but it will only affect people with certain configuration in their security software or their browser settings. You could try one thing. If you haven't set up your browser to make the FSF domain (www.foundation-stage.info) one of your 'allowed' or 'trusted' sites, add this domain into your list. Also, you should be able to find an area which will allow specific sites to set cookies under various circumstances. If you set this site to 'always' be allowed to set a cookie, that may help. Read our privacy policy if you're a little nervous about cookies - you have my word that we only use them to make logging in every time you visit the site unnecessary. You can also delete all cookies from this site whenever you wish by clicking the relevant link on the forum index page. :)

I do really love this site and I don't much care what you do to it because it's just fabulous and a real life-saver BUT I don't really like the way that people can now see if you've read their profiles. I do quite often read people's profiles because it's nice to know a bit about them or look at their school websites etc. However, I've only felt able to do that because it's been anonymous. I'd feel too frightened to do it now: I'd worry that people would think I was a stalker or something! I also agree with Rea about feeling like Billy-no-mates if no-one's viewed your profile or chosen you as a friend. It's a bit like being picked last for P.E. :( Do you think it might make people feel a little bit left out or isolated? This forum has always done such a wonderful job of making everyone feel equally valued and important...Just a thought :).

I know exactly what you mean Moose and we've (the moderators) had discussions about all these points. We're only offering it up as an option to see how it is viewed for a week or so. If even a significant minority feel it's intrusive we'll remove it and put it back to the original. What I'm working on is whether or not it would be possible to set these options on an individual basis, but I'm not sure if that is practical at the moment. For the first week, can I suggest that we all feel free to visit each other's profiles as much as possible, and since we're doing it on a test basis, no-one need feel embarassed!

Incidentally I've just visited your profile and added you as a friend, so you don't need to worry about being Billy No Mates. :D

I love having a look at peoples profiles too. Sometimes I forget who is who in terms of past discussions and their particular circumstances and looking at their profiles helps me to build up a better picture of who I am talking to. So expect me to visit your profiles and I'm happy to add anyone as a friend if they feel left out!

Boo!

xD:o

The main problem I have with adding friends is where do you stop? It's like the wedding invitations isnt it, you dont want to offend anyone, but cant possibly add everyone. I'm adding as I see posts from people I've met or had a pm with. I think thats all I can do really. :D

Yes, I see you've added me! You've been on my list for yonks! Should I feel insulted you've only just added me?? xD

Carol - I knew it wouldn't take you long to find a use for the spoiler!! Steve, that's a great idea - although I can't think when I'll use it either.

Sue

Peep-Bo!

Oh no!! It's catching :o

I have the same problem as Andreaamay :o

Andreamay Posted Yesterday, 23:33

I dont know if its something i can do but i have this as my homepage and unfortunatly i have to log in everytime now.

I also wanted to see all the smilies and I can't :(

I will still have to discover the rest, but I am sure it will be great xD .

Oh, yes... I agree with some of the other members about the 'friends' or 'profile' situation. I think it would be best if that could be something you could choose as an option.

Well, Steve, after the famous occasion I blocked you ages ago, you went straight on my friends list!! Did you not know?? You poor chap, feeling alone and friendless all these ages :(

Sue xD

And Carol, how could you!! :o

ok Inge, thanks - I'll see what I can do about this. It's strange because I'm not getting any of these effects. As a matter of interest, are you using XP or Vista (or any other OS)?

Thanks Steve

We are using XP but it is from a long time ago, probably when it was first introduced, has had all updates though.....

Getting on Ok with explorer xD but must admit prefer firefox :o

Inge

LJW - does it still??

I noticed that earlier and thought I'd sorted it - or maybe I should stay a 'person of mystery'!! :o Incidentally, like Carol I often have a look at profiles, to remind my poor addled brains about folk. I have no worries about folk looking at mine. Or should I? :(

And Carol - I put my photo back, not that you can really see me!! xD

Sue

I've been looking at random profiles this morning just to see if anyone had added anything interesting. Then I started to come back to people I had already viewed, as I was already on their 'visitor list'. Suddenly started to worry that these people may think I am stalking them. xD:o

Well, im loving the new graphics and this topic! Im running fire fox on xp and havent noticed any problems yet, love the spoiler bar cos im always putting my foot in my mouth! :(

As for everyone seeing if i have any friends, well as in the B23 tradition i am self acknowledged and affirmed, and have lots of invisible :o friends (everyone feel free to share) and im very nosey and will probably have seen most peoples profiles anyway xD

I think its all great, Thanks Steve! :(

why am I still having the problem with firefox if no one else is..? Must be a local thing on the PC so hubby will have to have alook, done all I can now

wonder when I can persuade him , perhaps I will try the lap top and see if it works on there then I will know

thanks anyway steve, seems it is us not you :o

Inge

Ive just reloaded mine :o Made a critical mistake while cleaning up the hard drive and deleting old versions and deleted the whole lot by accident....but was not a complete loss!

I went into their add ons and found a few really good ones, in particular;

*one called "download them all" herewhich has just allowed me to download the whole set of EYFS cards in one go, and only a few seconds to set it up,

*"scrapbook" herewhich saves the whole page, e.g. what you where looking at at the time which usually changes by the next time you load the page,

*and a cool program which changes the colour of the tabs amongst othershere.

Have to say i hate using IE now! I thought i should share my findings as i wasnt going to bother with the downloads before, even on broadband it can be frustrating to download so many off one site! but this is great. :)

Edited by alis2son

I use firefox too and I think I have the same problem as Inge. The drop down boxes don't do anything, the bold, italics work OK but none of the others. Also no attachments and nothing happens when I go to the 'friends'

Tried the lap top and it seems to work there, but still not on the main PC...... have tried reinstalling and checking everything we can think of and still no go..complete mystery to us, although now seems we are not the only ones.

Inge