Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Training

Rea

I have a feeling that something similar to this has been mentioned before but I have just received an email about training for the EYFS. Its from a company called Emap ltd.

I have sent an email asking why the private sector have to pay more than £200 more than the public sector. Wonder what they'll come up with for an answer? :o

This is the link to the registration page so you can see the cost Emap

This seems to happen all the time - conferences/training/workshops - really irritating - once again no level playing field but no news there then! Just really irritating - but like you I would like to know why they have a different structure for fees.

Nikki

I've had a letter or three - they sound desperate! Personally, I can't imagine it will be any use at all. Has anyone actually seen EYFS, apart from online? I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot barge pole! Much rather wait and see for myself.

Sue

Guest Wolfie

As with any new piece of legislation or the introduction of any new framework, I think you will always find training companies jumping on the bandwagon, trying to make the most of our eagerness to get to grips with what's been introduced!! :o

Reply received...

Thank you for your enquiry into the Early Years conference. We have been alerted to this discrepancy before and as a result we have reduced the price for nurseries to £399+VAT, the same rate as the public sector. If you book online at www.emapeducation.com/eyfs you will also receive a 10% discount, making the price £359.10 +VAT.

I apologise for the confusion and hope to see you at the event.

Yours sincerely,

Rob Porter

Emap Education Conferences

So I said...Thank you for that. But it still leaves the private sector with £200 extra to pay. Do you have any figures for voluntary, committee run pre-school groups? Are these counted as private?

Regards

I should have said 'pre-school settings' rather than 'nurseries'. We would be happy for these organisations to book on at the aforementioned cheaper rate. The 'private sector' in our market traditionally covers private service providers to the education sector.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask!

Yours,

Rob Porter

A helpful man :)

So now you can all afford to go, and take a friend :D

• 1 month later...

My Head of Primary said that he would try to see how I could get some training in the U.K., to search for the information and let him know :o . Will the government give training? Would it be open to private sectors in and out of the U.K.? xD

That is outrageous about the EMAP training!

I'm a trainer and work freelance and deliver training for several local authorities, I only sent out an email today to the early years serives about mny EYFS training as I had to wait until I had my hard copy and had read and digested.

All local authorities will be providing training, so it is best to wait and see what you are offered. Some will also doing separate training for childminders.

• 2 weeks later...

We have our initial training from the LA in late June. They have also put money in the budget for us to have 'reading and planning time'.

i shall be attending a EYFS Awareness Raising Session on friday, aranged by suffolk county council, it is for two hours only! that is hardly time for a cup of coffee!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)