Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Make A Pentagon Den - Its Easy (honest!)

Just been researching some resources/activity ideas for a topic activity on space on the NASA website and came across this

Looks good, kittyknits.

I'm sure I saw a machine a few years ago that made these sticks out of newspaper - but can't remember what it was called. Honestly some days my memory is so poor I can barely remember my own name... :o

Maz

Today a child arrived with a string of battery-powered fairy lights and another with baubles which they hung on with pipe cleaners. Looked fantastic and they were all delighted.

Today was its last day. We abandoned it to the younger groups of children for their exploration and we went and built a fancy Duplo railway layout in their area!

The Key Persons reported that the 2's and newly 3's had enjoyed their time, but had been mainly interested in playing with the feathers, bowls of sequins, pasta and pom-poms. They hadn't really ventured into the den at all.

So this afternoon it all had to come to bits, and that was good fun too, children have taken pieces home to keep - bits of sticky backed plastic with stuff stuck on, and bits of the drawing panels.

And we're left with happy memories - loads of good observations and about a hundred fantastic photographs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)