Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lunar Eclipse

mundia

double wow here............................just come back in from the cold.....daughter has some fantastic photos of the moon turning red/orange, so we'll take them into our setting on Monday to show the children.It's VERY cold out there though!!

Hello from a star filled sky in Poole Dorset.

Wow wasn't it ROUND ! My neighbour came out and let me look through her binoculars.

Going to warm up with hot chocolate now.

Teri

'

Well Im so glad I alerted you...what would you do without me eh? (no don't answer that one!!)

We had a wonderful bronze/reddish colour here and i had a super reflection in my pond. sadly hubby had locked my camera in the safe and gone to bed early so no photos so if you have any please would you be kind enough to share..

Alison, I wont bore you with the science... Eclipses happen quite often, on average 2or 3 a year but many of them are partial eclipses and only visible from certain places. 2003 and 2004 saw 2 each so we were very lucky those years. We haven't seen one since then but there will be another in August this year but not visible from the UK. We may be lucky enough to see one in February next year, so not too long to wait. After that the next one will be December 2010 and that will be fantastic should the skies be clear as it will also be winter solstice and the winter moon hang much lower in the sky so it will be a big one!!

There you are, now arent you glad I told you......

Gorgeous from here too on a lovely starlit night. A bit chilly so had a warm drink afterwards. My OH took loads of pics but I haven't seen them yet, and he is out at the moment. I'll get back to you on those. Hey didn't we have a aprty- all of us outside together :o

Teri I noticed how 3d it was too. Normally the moon looks pretty flat, even through binoculars. But last night it was like a ball. The colour was lovely, reddish brown,

Thanks Mundia for being our moon calendar! Carrie asked if your star sign is cancer, as she is and the moon is cancer's influence. And you are!

Linda

I'll try to get hubby to download what he took Peggy but he says that he doesn't think that they are too good. (Bit busy here on Sundays.) He found it difficult to keep the camera still and focused enough, even with his stand.

We also commented on how spherical the moon looked which is unusual. Quite a few planes flew across while we were watching and I wondered what sort of view they had of it. i also liked the deep reddy/amber colour.

Well I had a quick look at 9.45 and again at 11.45.... was asleep in between... it was such a bright moon last night here and such a wonderful thing to see...

Thanks for telling us all Mundia :) :)

Thanks Mundia for being our moon calendar! Carrie asked if your star sign is cancer, as she is and the moon is cancer's influence. And you are!

Linda

Yes Im a crabby cancer! In fact I am a double cancer (my sun and moon signs are both cancer), and a text book one at that! (don't get me started about astrological moon signs...Ill be here all day)

Yes the lunar eclipse was good to see in Halifax too. :D Not a cloud in the sky. :( We were lucky to see it, mum and I sat on the inside steps to watch it as our window faces south and got a good view. :D:o Although saying this our bums went numb just waiting for total eclipse and got fed up after 11.15pm. So we didn't watch it anymore. xD:( We though it was very dark outside and saw lots of stars and the lights from down in Halifax, as we live 2 miles away up a big hill.

Well I am glad were we live now as if we still lived in our old house we would have been sat outside in the cold watching it. :( :wacko:

Thank you Mundia for telling us about the moon. :D

Beth

Guest MaryEMac

We saw it as we walked home from the pub. We met our next door neighbours as we reached home and they had been to a function in the village hall. They said that they had been in and out all night watching it. Fantastic sight.

Mary

Oh, it was so beautiful that I would have stayed there longer than I did... but my hubby was already in bed.

At a certain moment, the animals started to make noises, then quite. Everything was so peaceful.

A strange thing, not sure if related, was a 'buzzing' noise that lasted for a while. I had to go in, bc it was late... so I don't know if it stayed. Is that normal during an lunar eclipse :o ?

Mundia, when my son was born (June 25) I read that cancerians were the 'mothering, smothering cry babies of the zodiac'.

He was. He cried at everything, anything and all in between. He was the master of plasters and a cut could be used for sympathy for weeks. He didnt sleep through the night until he was 4 years old.

But now he's crabby and I didnt realise till I saw your discription. Now I know whats wrong with him apart from being a teenager. :o:D

Hi Rea

I had the same with my daughter, who was born on 15th July. She would cry if I left the room, didn't even like being left with her dad, cried at every television programme that was even vaguely sad (I had to ban her from watching Lassie!!! :o ). And she slept through when she started school aged 4 1/2. Boy was she hard work!

Linda

My son born June 26th was such a cry baby.As a baby he cried when I went out of the room. He wouldn't go in any of my friends houses to play with their children unless I came as well.When I gave him the choice of staying with my husband or coming shopping with me he would rather walk round the shops than go to the park with my husband and daughter. He didn't go to playschool untill he was nearly four. The playschool supervisor who helps me at my playschool still remembers how much he cried.( 30 years ago) This lasted for 3 sessions and then magically he grew more confident. My daughter who was 18 months younger than him would happily stay anywhere.Linda I remember my son being sad at watching Lassie.