Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Retiring!

Well my successor has been appointed. As some of you know, after 21 years at the same school, I am retiring at Easter. The interviews were yesterday and every one kept asking me how I felt. I don't know quite what they expected, but I felt fine about it. I am so looking forward to retirement. I am sure, at the end of the day, I will miss the children, but I won't miss all the things such as Ofsted, planning, monitoring etc. We are moving in the summer so will have plenty to keep us busy. Then, once we are settled, there is always the odd day supply, provided someone else does the planning! :oxD

Congratulations on your retirement Gail. I hope it will be long and happy. I am sure you will soon wonder how you ever had time to go to school!!!

I expect the strangest time will be when everyone goes back to school after the Easter break!

Have a hassle free rest of term and have fun.

I expect the strangest time will be when everyone goes back to school after the Easter break!

Have a hassle free rest of term and have fun.

The strangest part when I left playgroup to to be a stay at home mom was September. That was when I was absolutly certain I'd done the right thing. I had a lie in the first morning just becasue I could. Now on supply everyone else does do the planning :D

Have a very happy retirement Gail :D:D

Have a wonderful retirement Gail. I expect your last few days will be really happy/sad as you say all your goodbyes but you will have so many happy memories. What an apt time to go at Easter with New Life and all that :o

I retired last year ( big one tomorrow xD ) and I never seem to have any spare time- mind you being on here keeps me occupied. I do a bit of supply which I thoroughly enjoy, especially as thereare no endless bits of paper to fill in, and I can spend my time actually working with children or enjoying making observations and analysing them- which I really like doing as children are so fascinating. I found giving up teaching harder than I thought because I miss the children, company of like-minded people ( well most people i worked with) and the creativity in the job- I just wonder what to do with these skills and talents now- it isn't quite the same using them with my grandchildren.

Your move will keep you busy and that change will be exciting as well, but in all the business of that don't forget to take some time and sit and think, and take some time for yourself.

Thank you everybody for all your good wishes. Yes, I am sure like you, Jacqui, I will still spendy plenty of time looking in on the forum. We have been out today ordering furniture for our new home. Still seems like a dream!