Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Came Today!

Lucy P

I feel like i need to get this off of my chest!

Ofsted arrived this morning, we have been waiting for nearly 2 years now and am so relieved they have finally turned up.

The bad news: we had 5 staff off sick and it was our busiest day of the week :o . I had sorted 2 agency staff, but obvoiusly this was not ideal as they were not familiar with our setting or the children, but at least the ratio's were covered.

I have always maintained a high number of supernumary staff to ensure a smooth running nursery, but today all staff were covering groups. The inspector - who was lovely - kept reassurring me that everything was fine, she will be back tomorrow to inspect the education side, when i will find out the outcome.

Oh well nothing i can do now, all staff have assurred me they will be returning to work tomorrow, funny how their sickness only lasted for one day xD

Lucy, I bet you are shattered. Don't despair, it does sound that you have shown how you deal with absences very well, good to hear the Inspector was trying to set you at ease, believe her and tomorrow your team will all be there supporting you and each other. :o

Best wishes,

Peggy

Hi Lucy

Well there was a report today that said historically more people are off work on the first Monday in February than at any other time of the year - perhaps you could tell the Inspector that tomorrow! And then she can see how well you coped! :D:D:D

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow! :o

Best of luck to you both tomorrow - I hope everything goes well and you get a good nights sleep. Do let us know what happens and what they are looking at at the moment

Nikki

Thank you :) Your good wishes worked and we got "good" for care and "outstanding" for education, although apparently we're not supposed to say yet!! :D

Two recommendations for care: get parents to sign for EVERY single minor bump, minute scratch on finger, etc etc ( :o ) and visitors have to sign in and out themselves. (Up to now, we have recorded their arrival/departure, but apparently a signature is also required). So that's it, until next time. Phew.....

I've got to say, it is SO much better having the inspector just turn up and see a normal/average session. The outstanding report seems somehow more real, than if we'd had three months to prepare. There's also far less pressure to be perfect.

Lucy, what's your news?

Well done to you Helen - deserved I would say. :D I think you're right about the fact that the inspection is a better reflection of your general practice and parents hopefully will gain a greater confidence precisely for that reason. :)

Well done Helen, marvellous result. :D:D

But why cant inspections be uniform. My old playgroup were inspected last year and no mention of them signing people in.

Give yourself a 'good' there too :D

Well done to you Helen and all - a result that is justly deserved.

On the subject of what they can pick up on ........... on another site someone has said they got pulled up for not taking their register and medical records with them when they went outside to play and it was suggested that they did 2 registers ...... streuth !!!!!!!!!!!!! And where may I ask does it say that in the Standards??? Does anyone do 2 registers or was that Inspector really struggling to find something to comment on??? Glad it wasn't me she said it to !! :o

Anyway Helen, enjoy your celebrations :D