Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Eyfs

Susan

Thanks for this interesting insight into the proposed EYFS.

Personally, as a teacher I'd like to know where I stand re the EYPS as I have been unsuccessful accessing training although if the time scale I have seen is correct I may be able to take retirement afterall!

Thanks Helen for your consice report on your EYPS experience, ( ie: reader friendly not like most government articles about the same subject xD ) I look forward to reading the subsequant articles. My first impression is that the EYPS is fundamentaly getting to know and working from

the 'individuals' current level, thus enabling recognition of past qualifictions and experiences on which to 'evidence' and then build upon. :D

I do think it is a route that 'secures' more scope for future career choices, but as yet I still need to get a degree :o , so, thank you also for being a part of the 'trials' (so to speak) and giving your valuable time to keep us informed. :D

Peggy

You'll find it here Mundia, thanks to Susan for checking up on 'new' articles :D

Member article - route to EYPS by Helen

Peggy

There is some information in the recent NUT magazine that's sent free to members ('Teachers') Susan. Sorry I've not got it with me but some bits If I remember correctly are : They will have to be able to work from babies upwards; Although it is seen as equivalent to QTS this is questioned in the article as apparently some people can achieve it within a very short period of time; They will be subject to diff terms/conditions of pay, diff job descriptions, not same pension benefits as teachers. The NUT is really pushing that the QTS is a 'higher status' and the EYFS can not be a substitute for the expertise that this provides...very interesting reading. Not sure how it compares to what is being told to people actually doing the course.

Here's some info if it help but not exactly like the article I saw

http://www.teachers.org.uk/resources/word/...C%20EYP_KDR.doc

http://www.teachers.org.uk/resources/word/...ltation-new.doc

Interesting article, for someone like me embarking on the first year of the FD, (so relatively early stages of the proposed route to the top!) it all seems a little confusing as to how and what you need to achieve EYPS and whether to go down the top-up year to BA and PGCE year instead, phew hope it is a bit clearer in a year or so!

Seriously it is great to have all this knowledge from those of you who are in the know and are so experienced. Thankyou

I think Susan is talking about the EYPS article, although one of the reasons for confusion might be that there's another (interview based) article, mainly about the EYFS. Still, now you all know what it's like. I spend most of my days in a similar fug of confusion and bewilderment! :o

I was referring to the Conversation with Ruth Pimental rather the Helen's interview/ selection experience which I hadn't noticed at the time!

Obviously should have been more careful with my title, sorry folks but many thanks to Kermit for your NUT references, Im not a member of that union but will be reading with some interest.

Also keep meaning to check this thread and forgetting!!

I knew what you meant Susan :D

I've read it but it appears a bit woolly to me. It seems to rely on LA's provideing training and on practitioners reading all they are given and transfering it to a workable model. In reality without a document to follow for assessments and observations I know a few places that will ignore it and carry on as before especially if they have had a good Ofsted in the past. They seem to see an Ofsted inspection as saying they dont need to change anything. I am always surprised at how little people read about early years, how little they involve themselves in whats new and whats available. Hopefully I'm worng, but I can see lots of settings continuing as they are now. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)