Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welly Rack!

During one visit to a nursery quite a while back I saw a genius idea for a welly rack!

It was a long plank of wood with lots small of broom handle type sticks coming out at an angle for the children to put their wellies on. I've been trying to describe this invention to my caretaker (hoping he'll make me one!!) but to no avail, I attempted a drawing but that confused him even more...men eh!...anyway I just wondered if anybody uses such a thing in their setting and had any photos available.

Thanks

Catherine xxx

One of the outdoor play books has one which might be what you have seen. I just can't lay my hands on it. It has horizontal dowling rods sticking out from the wall and the children hook their wellies on to this. They probably slope upwards sigthly to stop them falling off. it should be fairly easy to make with a willing caretaker. He will need a pair of boots to get the distances and length of dowling correct.

someone on here will probably remember :o

The welly rack is brilliant. We've got a caravan and we use it all weathers. When we return from long muddy walks we put our wellies or hiking boots on the rack (no mess in the caravan and if it rains it washes the mud off the boots) My only thought that in leaving them outside overnight we might have unwanted guests nestle inside them - such as slugs or snails :o - but (touch wood) none so far !!!

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)