Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Kids Say!

I have just visited my placement school. :oxD when the teacher asked the children who is different in the class today a child replied 'it is funny' :(:(:( Try keeping a straight face infront of all the children, well we all are professionals really! :D

Beth

We were doing about exercise once in my rising 5 group and jacob (bless!) was very clever for his age - he knew that if we ran, our heart would beat faster and we would burn fat and keep fit. I asked what else we could do to keep fit (thinking playing sport, skipping etc) Jacob piped up "Well, my dad's got one of those things you put round your tummy and it goes like this (tightening up his fists and opening out his hands)"

It didn't take long for me to work out that dad had a slendertone - I had to make myself busy when dad picked up that night for fear of laughing :D

Towards the end of last term one of th older children put her head round the door of the office where I was sitting with my fellow teacher and asked: 'What day is it today?' My colleague replied in her best teacherly manner: 'I don't know my love, what day do you think it is?' To which she got the retort: ' You're supposed to know, you're the grown-ups!'

After finshing our laughter we felt suitable chastised.

• 3 weeks later...

My hubby has just admitted to taking, nay, stealing a childs sweet while working in someones house yesterday. xD Luckily the mom saw the funny side but the child stood with hands on hips glaring at him. He admits to being scared, but remains resolute that it was the only course of action, refreshers are his favourite :o

PS I know it's not a 'funny thing a child says' but it really didnt warrant a grown up post but I also needed the world to share in my shame. :(:D

Guest MaryEMac

Several years ago we had a little boy in the playgroup who wasn't too keen on doing jigsaws. When asked why? He said "because they make my fingers dizzy". :D:D

Mary

Marion, your prayer made me think about the time I heard a child recite the Hail Mary and say 'Blessed art thou a monk swimming' instead of 'Blessed art thou amongst women' !!!

When I was working through the young enterprise scheme I had three occurrences :o

First the children were sitting round my feet and we were discussing ‘people who help us’, I showed a flash card of a police woman and asked ‘what does this lady do?

One hand went up and the answer came ‘she arrests people!’

I said ‘yes, that’s one thing she does, although there are lots of other things, does anyone know what her job is called?’

The same hand went up and this answer was ‘An Arrester!!’

Second we were talking about the differences between ‘chores’ and ‘jobs’ after much discussion and some volunteered information I asked one little boy ‘What is your mummy’s job?’

The reply was ‘Sometimes she cleans out the hamster cage!’

But the best was when the class were drawing pictures of what their parents and carers did for a living, one girl did a lovely drawing of her dad, above it she had written ‘my daddy goes out and earns lots of pennies’

However, she had spelt ‘pennies’ as p-e-n-i-s.

Although the policy of the class was not to correct children’s spellings but to write the correct spelling above, the classes regular teacher felt this was a good time to make an exception since the children take this work home xD

Festive one for you....

After reading Nativity story a child went off to draw a picture - when she brought it back we looked at the people / animals that she had drawn... all those you would expect were there Mary, Joseph, Jesus etc but one man I wasn't familiar with...... A German Shepherd!

Just thought I would make you smile. A child asked me very seriously today

"Miss why have you always got big t**s"

Well keeping a straight face was hard as every other adult walked away shaking with laughter! :D

haha, this is similar to a comment made last week. I was sitting with a little girl and she pointed to my boobs.

'What's that' I said they are my boobies, she replied 'No, what's that!' pointing to my cleavage! I replied that it was my cleavage 'What's a cleavage' well, i replied, it's what happens when you put on a bra, it squashes your boobies together ( I was by this time looking around for something to distract her!! :D )

'Who lives there?' :oxD:( I know they are of ample proportions but I don't think they could actually sustain a family!

Note to self......... Where a polo neck jumper next week, and stop eating all the pies! :D

that reminds me of something that happened to my mum.

She works in a pre school and is rather... um... large up top! one little boy went up to my mum and squeezed her boobs. He then looked up at her and said " Cor you've got big ribs!"

:o

Continuing the police theme, today a little boy who loves to dress up as a policeman went up to the children playing on the bikes and said: 'I know, you pretend you have lost your license.......'

we tried very hard not to giggle!

• 3 weeks later...

Last Thursday we were celebrating American Thanksgiving in our preschool - I told the story how the Pilgrims went on the boat "The Mayflower" to America and were helped by the Native Americans (which is what they celebrate at Thanksgiving). The next day we had the map of the world out and one little boy came and said to me "Carolyn can you show me where the penguins went on their flower boat?" :oxD:(

talking about colours I asked a boy, "What do you get if you mix White and Black?"

his reply "I know, Paint" xD:(

Peggy

no doubt if I asked "What do you get if you mix white paint and black paint ?"he would have replied "more paint" is this maths? :o

note to self, don't ask just do and actually get the paint out.

And on the Christmas theme:

Askng one boy to tell me about his Nativity picture, with me wondering what this very large bird was doing in the middle, he said 'That's the Belthlehen.

Another year I had a child who draw a fat insect on his picture and he told me that that's the 'flea to Egypt.' How we laughed (afterwards)

similar one Peggy. The little boy had an overall on, paint brush ready and poised and I asked him what he was going to paint. Using an exhasperating tone and with a roll of the eyes, he replied, "The paper, silly!!!"

The other day after telling the Nativity story, hoping the children had listened, I asked "Now, who was it that looked after the sheep?". After a few seconds of quiet a little girl said, "I think it was Little Bo Peep, wasn't it?"

Sue J

Little lad with a mass of curly hair was sitting on the carpet about one week after starting in F2. He announced, "My mum says I don't know everything .......... But I do!" That's my job done then!

When talking about the life cycle of a frog and checking who could remember what I asked; 'when an egg hatches out and before it is a frog what do we call it?' the answer from one bright spark 'A tampon!' my reply 'Yes darling a tadple well remembered.' Kept us going in the staff room for ages.

Liz x

I remember when my little sister was younger. She asked my mum how mums could eat when they were pregnant as when the food goes into your tummy the baby will just steal it!!! :oxD:(

I give her 10 out of 10 for intiative.

Adam

One of the staff was helping the children write their letters to Santa today (its our family day tomorrow so these need to be ready to sneak to mums) One of our bigger and quite macho boys said I want a princess.............erm what sort of princess? she asked. Oh a big one and a little one he replied. At which point one of the little nursery girls came to me looked me straight in the eye and with a gesture over her shoulder said....... there's a lad over there wants a princess..........what's the world coming to?

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst walking back from another room this afternoon, there was a bucket of water and 2 children year 2s I think? The children looked in the bucket and swirmed at the sight of a spider! :o They looked at me and said Miss, Miss theres a spider in there ugggghhhh! xD I just told them that we will remove the bucket later now go out and play, the spiders fine where it is! :(

What funny things kids say eh!!! :(

Beth