Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Consumables

AliceinWonderland

Didn't want to read and run, but I'm sorry I can't really help much.  We just charge 25p a day for snack but we are just a term-time preschool, with our age range of 2+ we can't really charge for nappies/wipes etc as we just ask parent to send them in if needed.

• Like 1

thanks anyway Louby, I've just had a big to do with a parent who's handed in notice but won't be attending any sessions during this time, they don't see why they should pay for the notice period! (only £12 is owing) no matter how many times I explain, they still think it should be free! so it's about time I got my list together. This only happened because they constantly pick up late so I said there would be a charge. there's only so many times they can say 'oh I didn't realise the time!'

We charge 30p an hour for funded 3 & 4 yr olds, we list it as snacks, seasonal activity resources, supplying waterproofs (we replace them for a pastime), visits/visitors (admittedly not much of that has happened for a while, the vast amount of hygiene products we go through (if they saw how many paper towels a child pulls out at a time they’d get it)., a few question it when they first get the invoice because they haven’t read what they’ve been given before booking a place but once explained they all pay.

we submitted a funding claim of 4600 hours last term for our 3 & 4 yr olds, our funding rate is 68p less than our hourly rate giving a deficit of over 3K, why should we be expected to take hits like that term after term 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We charge 30p an hour for funded 3 & 4 yr olds, we list it as snacks, seasonal activity resources, supplying waterproofs (we replace them for a pastime), visits/visitors (admittedly not much of that has happened for a while, the vast amount of hygiene products we go through (if they saw how many paper towels a child pulls out at a time they’d get it)., a few question it when they first get the invoice because they haven’t read what they’ve been given before booking a place but once explained they all pay.

we submitted a funding claim of 4600 hours last term for our 3 & 4 yr olds, our funding rate is 68p less than our hourly rate giving a deficit of over 3K, why should we be expected to take hits like that term after term 🤷‍♀️

Ours complain about the the 25p a day, and I'm not going to mention the £2 lunch club 😩 We are in a pretty affluent area- and I'm not kidding when I say it's only ever our lower income families that ever pay without a comment. And don't even mention our County's food voucher system- going by post codes!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, louby loo said:

Ours complain about the the 25p a day, and I'm not going to mention the £2 lunch club 😩 We are in a pretty affluent area- and I'm not kidding when I say it's only ever our lower income families that ever pay without a comment. And don't even mention our County's food voucher system- going by post codes!!

Ours is the other way round, a deprived area, the ones who work are grateful for any help with fees and recognise what we do is important. Its the ones who sit at home doing nothing all day that complain! We charge £2 a day so at the most they pay £6 a week if they do 3x 5 hour sessions, even though we lose about £20 a week on every funded place.

This parent has now taken a different tact and decided to try and threaten me by saying their child has come home with unexplained marks!

Well bring it on I say!

All because she couldn't be bothered to get off her a**e and pick her child up on time!

• Sad 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)