Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funded weeks per term - Surrey

So sorry trying to make sure this is in the correct topic area, but will only seem to let me post here!!!

Does anyone know the amount of weeks per term Surrey will fund next year ( sept 2021-july 2022). It is normally pretty similar, but some years it can just be off a week and it dictates how I set my term dates.

Can anyone help and point me in the correct place? I have checked the funded education page  for practitioners on SCC website, and also the new learning portal and can't find it.

many thanks in advance

Emma.x

Hi emmmayo,  I don't think Surrey have actually published this yet.  

But I wanted to ask if any providers had noticed an anomaly we have just found.

A child who received funding for the first time in Summer 2020 will fall short of entitled hours in Spring 2021 by 15 hours.  We think we know now that it is because of the weeks worked last academic year and this.

We have never noticed it in previous years.

Please would you check the amounts you received against what you think this term and particularly spring born children.  It might just be us but we are puzzled and would be grateful of any help.

4 hours ago, LKeyteach said:

Hi emmmayo,  I don't think Surrey have actually published this yet.  

But I wanted to ask if any providers had noticed an anomaly we have just found.

A child who received funding for the first time in Summer 2020 will fall short of entitled hours in Spring 2021 by 15 hours.  We think we know now that it is because of the weeks worked last academic year and this.

We have never noticed it in previous years.

Please would you check the amounts you received against what you think this term and particularly spring born children.  It might just be us but we are puzzled and would be grateful of any help.

Yes this happens every few years depending on Easter. We got caught out big time one year - so I now keep my eye on the dates like a Hawk!   Some years parents only get 37.   Our LA sets out the dates you can claim funding and it's up to individual setting to choose the weeks within these dates. 

5 hours ago, louby loo said:

Yes this happens every few years depending on Easter. We got caught out big time one year - so I now keep my eye on the dates like a Hawk!   Some years parents only get 37.   Our LA sets out the dates you can claim funding and it's up to individual setting to choose the weeks within these dates. 

And it confuses me every blooming year!🤯

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had not realised that I needed to have different term dates depending on when children's birthdays are!  So our Spring born children will have one less week this academic year.  Another complication to explain to parents.

On 13/03/2021 at 17:22, emmamayo said:

So sorry trying to make sure this is in the correct topic area, but will only seem to let me post here!!!

Hi Emma

You cannot post in the Surrey area as they did not renew their LA scheme this year and the Surrey area has therefore been closed.  I did email all the Surrey users on the 8/2/21 to let everyone know this would be happening so if you did not see that email please check the email we have for you is correct.  You can email customer.service@eyfs.info and we can update the email if necessary.

Your own individual account will soon be reduced to member status and so you will then not be able to post on the forum as you need to be a member to do so.

You pay to renew, it is just £20 plus VAT so £24 in total for a years membership,  just go here: 

I hope you will decide to renew and continue to find the site useful.

Sue 

Admin Team

I have been caught out on the term dates before too!  I emailed the advisers at Surrey to ask for next year's funded periods a few weeks ago, but I was told that this was "with the commissioners" and settings would be advised by the bulletin.  Seems very late, as parents/staff need to know our term dates for next year.

2 hours ago, NBBubbles said:

I have been caught out on the term dates before too!  I emailed the advisers at Surrey to ask for next year's funded periods a few weeks ago, but I was told that this was "with the commissioners" and settings would be advised by the bulletin.  Seems very late, as parents/staff need to know our term dates for next year.

It’s too late for us to plan by the time we get the forward terms from the funding teams, for the last 2 years we’ve been paid the last week of our open spring term with the summer funding so many of presumed the same this year as the Summer funding is a week longer than we’d usually run too but on no! we’ve now run an extra week  in the Spring term that won’t be funded and been told we should have started back a week later after Xmas, finished a week earlier for Easter or asked parents to pay for the last 4 days of Spring term....too late to do any so will have to carry it 😡 and Summer will either run to 23rd July and need to pay staff an extra week or close a week early so staff have worked 38 wks but not claim a weeks funding 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mouseketeer said:

It’s too late for us to plan by the time we get the forward terms from the funding teams, for the last 2 years we’ve been paid the last week of our open spring term with the summer funding so many of presumed the same this year as the Summer funding is a week longer than we’d usually run too but on no! we’ve now run an extra week  in the Spring term that won’t be funded and been told we should have started back a week later after Xmas, finished a week earlier for Easter or asked parents to pay for the last 4 days of Spring term....too late to do any so will have to carry it 😡 and Summer will either run to 23rd July and need to pay staff an extra week or close a week early so staff have worked 38 wks but not claim a weeks funding 🤦‍♀️

Having been caught out I do watch like a hawk now.

Last year I asked if we could use a week of the summer term early as a one off -  they said we could stretch our summer funding however we want'd  (well any terms I guess?) as long as the parents are aware. This enabled us to use a week 'pre Easter'    I still printed off and kept all emails!

NOTE  - just realised it was obviously the year before last!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Having been caught out I do watch like a hawk now.

Last year I asked if we could use a week of the summer term early as a one off -  they said we could stretch our summer funding however we want'd  (well any terms I guess?) as long as the parents are aware. This enabled us to use a week 'pre Easter'    I still printed off and kept all emails!

NOTE  - just realised it was obviously the year before last!

Maybe I could stretch mine backwards 🤔 

13 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Maybe I could stretch mine backwards 🤔 

Essex. They said I can just use stretched funding and set my own times in which the funding is used- which they said was fine as long as the parents know.  We just moved a week to before Easter. To be honest our parents were more than happy and it worked well for us.  We like to finish a early in July as otherwise our end of term celebrations etc always seem to clash with school transition days. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)