Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holiday Pay

louby loo

Has anyone got a copy of the PSLA holiday calculations formula please?

I used to use it, then went onto the Gov holiday calculator- but that been withdrawn due to 'issues' :ph34r:

I know the PSLA was actually pretty clear and easy to use, I just can't  find my old copy anywhere.

59 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well the funny thing is I'm going to thank you anyway.... AS- I kinda knew you'd posted a link ages ago, so I did a bit of a search and found the PSLA one you'd posted years ago!  :D

That is just bizarre - but so pleased that you found it :)

I need this too so very handy!

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

That is just bizarre - but so pleased that you found it :)

I need this too so very handy!

Yes, I was using the gov.co.uk one which I thought was failsafe (not to mention easy) but now there's some kind of issue over term-time payments and the whole lots been withdrawn within the last few days:o.

The issue turns out to be court case with a part-time teacher not getting full amount. I'm seriously hoping this isn't going to effect us longterm, however reading up on it we should be fine as the case was all about part-time teacher vs full time teacher....... but they do slightly different contracts rather than "term-time' only.

In the mean time I need to make sure my staff get their correct amount this month :o We do one week Christmas, one week easter and the remained in August. 

https://eyfs.info/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20366

I expect they’ll send out something if they do your payroll regarding this outcome,  when I asked if it could affect how term time holiday pay is calculated I was told they’d know more following the conclusion of this case.

Edited by Mouseketeer

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

https://eyfs.info/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20366

I expect they’ll send out something if they do your payroll regarding this outcome,  when I asked if it could affect how term time holiday pay is calculated I was told they’d know more following the conclusion of this case.

Reading through some of the case, I'm  set hoping it won't actually effect us. Seems to be a 'part time' teacher not getting the same as a full time teacher- but I'm pretty sure teachers actually have some kind of ''full year' contract (as in overall hours)  where as we work to a standard 38 weeks.   Seems guidance now states use the last 12 paid weeks as a guide to the payment rate.

I used the Gov site Wednesday, and the irregular hours part had been removed, then yesterday the whole calculation tool had gone.

Thank-you for the link.:)

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1