Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

two year old review

15 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Never experienced this.  Has the health visitor completed their review yet? Has this flagged something up that the parent doesn’t want to deal with?  

child is now three. Yes the HV flagged up weight issues ...which continue to be a problem. We have already talked to the hv with the response of "we've dealt with it"!!! (refused to ell me any more) Parents don't speak English and use the older daughter  to translate. I may have to push the HV for more info I think !!!! not really getting very far. The child is obviously loved, talked to and cared for ! The parents work hard , Dad doesn't speak any English and he and an uncle are the ones who pick up. haven't seen mum since September!

As weight problems can be quite an emotive issue, I wonder if that is why parents are reluctant.  Maybe they've been "told off" by the HV and think this is going to happen again (not suggesting for a minute that you would do this fm!)  Do parents have weight issues too?

4 hours ago, Stargrower said:

As weight problems can be quite an emotive issue, I wonder if that is why parents are reluctant.  Maybe they've been "told off" by the HV and think this is going to happen again (not suggesting for a minute that you would do this fm!)  Do parents have weight issues too?

I would describe them as short and stocky!  I have had to have conversations about weight and food already but they were both open about it. My feeling is that it's more to do with the fact they are working and their culture tends to see us as 'low level carers so they aren't really prepped for pre-school as we run it. Of course when they go to school they get really serious about educationO.o

I have had to do a couple of telephone two year checks because parents can’t make appointments🙄. 

You would’nt be able to do this if they speak no English. 

I would ensure that the child has lots of  energetic play where he/she gets out of breath. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)