Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making some changes

Hello!

I'm going a bit crazy this week and making some changes to our provision which I have never done before. 

I'm removing our indoor water area as it's underused and the children have access to a large water play area outside. I've also decided to get rid of our deconstructed role-play in place of a mega mark making zone with vertical and horizontal surfaces covered in paper. Under table and using the watee tray to make marks in different material. Mark making is our area with the biggest gap. I love the deconstructed role-play, however, the children have access to a very well resources outdoor shed which is full of open ended resources and is very well used without constant adult supervision. Indoors, the children need constant guidance to use the area appropriately- there are a few young boys with communication difficulties. 

I'm excited but very nervous as these have been constants in my setting for years but now I feel my evaluation of the setting and needs of the children justify the change.

Fingers crossed. Anyone else made big changes?

Green hippo x

• Like 4

I think this sounds really great!   If it links to your assessments its the way to go...so good for you!

Ive been trying to make changes - not physical ones like yours but more 'mindset' - mainly focused on trying to move away from so much focus on  paperwork  and trying to get across the idea of key person as someone who is there for children NOT for keeping files in order :-(     ...feels like a battle but I keep plodding on hoping one day the ripples will start moving outwards!

Hope your changes go well :) 

• Like 2

Brilliant - I love the idea of all the different mark making surfaces. I know it should not be about Ofsted but they love this sort of thing - we have a 'Reflection Diary' where we record all our changes and take photos of the before and after, why we did it and the outcome - on our last visit the inspector commented on our good 'reflective' practice. 

1 hour ago, hopeytg said:

Brilliant - I love the idea of all the different mark making surfaces. I know it should not be about Ofsted but they love this sort of thing - we have a 'Reflection Diary' where we record all our changes and take photos of the before and after, why we did it and the outcome - on our last visit the inspector commented on our good 'reflective' practice. 

That is exact what we do!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)