Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Presentation/Speech

C1403

Hi all

I'm the current chair of our management committee and tbh the worst part about the role is I hate speaking aloud and have mild social anxiety. Being chair has helped me overcome this by leading meetings etc but these are always familiar faces people I knowetc

We need to recruit new committee members as we are losing all but 3 of us so it's been suggested we do some sort of presentation. I'm sure the others will help but does anyone have any suggestions on what I can include that will encourage parents and not scare them away lol.

I don't want it to be too long as my nerves would get the better of me.

Any suggestions welcome.

I'm with you on this one! :)

Rather than a presentation, would you be able to make some kind of display, with information etc on what is involved in being a committee member?  Then invite people to come and have an informal look and chat rather than all sitting down for a presentation?  Don't know if that would work and I've never been involved in a committee run setting, so there may be someone more helpful along soon!

I was thinking a display on a projector so people can read themselves etc.

The manager is going to give a little talk about the setting and ethos for new parents. So I'll just throw something in the end about committee. 

Personally, I think if you "throw something in at the end" you devalue what the committee is about.  Surely a committee is integral to the workings of the pre-school - is there anyway your manager can weave into her talk the importance of the committee and how you all rely on those members for all sorts of activities and then at the end, introduce you as the person to go to or who will be making contact with them in the very near future to put a committee together.       If you treat the committee's work as throw away then parents are likely not to take it so seriously, it strikes a fine balance between giving it importance, but not such a big thing anyone would feel not worthy!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)