Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Problems with care diary

Alice87

Hi Alice87!

When you add an entry to a child's care diary and you'd like to share this with their relatives, you will need to make sure that you have granted parents access to that day's care diary entries. This permission, if you like, has to be granted every day once you have made at least one entry. For this, you'd have to make sure that you have the corresponding options enabled on your control panel > settings > care diary:

image.png

So, let's say you create an entry for Abby's meals. If you'd like to then give relative access to Abby's meal entry (and all subsequent entries for the day), you'll have to click on the 'i' icon and click on the corresponding button:

image.png

Once you've enabled that relative's access to their child's care diary for that day (i.e. 29th Aug 2018), they will be able to see any additional entries that you make as they are added. However, if you'd like to send them a notification, you will have to do so manually:

image.png

Please note that if you'd like to send them a notification every time a new entry is added you'd have to do so manually by, again, clicking on the 'i' icon. You can also restrict their access from the above option. As mentioned, the permissions will reset every day, so you will have to grant them access once you've made at least one entry.

As per your second comment, the care diary panels will reset every day. However, no past entries will be deleted as such. You can review any previous day's entries by clicking on the calendar at the top of the care diary screen and selecting the day you'd like to check the entries for. Alternatively, the comments tool (the speech bubble icon) will show you all of the entries for the past seven days. You can search for further entries by, again, changing the date on the calendar and then looking through the comments tool!

You can learn all about the care diary in these tutorials here:

1. Setting up the Care Diary
  2. How to use the Care Diary features
  3. How to use the Comments tool in the Care Diary

I hope this clarified the matter, but if you have any further doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info :) 

Best wishes,

Olaya