Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Data protection agreements

At my nursery, we sent an email and have kept a copy of their reply. This is what we asked:

"We are in the middle of assessing for the new GDPR which is due to come into effect in May and we are checking with our 3rd parties regarding any of our data held.

Please could you advise the following so we can sign this off 

- How the data you process on our behalf will be handled?  

- Can you also confirm that you will be compliant with the new regulations when it comes into effect?  

- Can you confirm how the data is stored and whether this is shared with a 3rd party? 

- Lastly, how is the data deleted from your system when you no longer need it any more? "

Yes I sent this out the same as Rebecca.  Had a couple of replies but others are either still in the process of sorting it or ignoring me!  I did receive info from the bank with our statement today so have put that in my GDPR folder as proof.  Thanks to Rebecca and Lauren and the PSLA I am (I hope) completely up to date and GDPR ready🤞(Famous last words). Shockingly there has been no information or advice from our LA!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Mendlesham said:

Hello!! A bit of a late post!!

Was just thinking, what happens about data agreements and referrals that are made to say the LADO, or NHS for Speech Therapy or OT etc?

Hi, I haven’t done anything regarding LADO....my thinking being it would be for safeguarding reasons you’d be contacting them with information, but that is only my thinking and could well be wrong :-/  SALT, Portage, HV  etc will be given one when next in.

4 hours ago, Mendlesham said:

Also, has anyone had any joy from the LA regarding how they process data?

All we’ve had is a privacy notice for parents, I sent an agreement to funding  it wasn’t required ???

Edited by Mouseketeer

We've had a privacy notice from our LA for parents but this is just in regard to Transitions. I did wonder though today as I sent an email to our Area Senco requesting a visit and on the form it requests the childs name & date of birth. Nothing re funding, or anything else to do with them.  Have been getting emails left, right and centre last couple of days both privately and work ones re privacy notices. But nothing from our LA, from NHS or HMRC- or do they not have to do the same as us? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)